Keyword

TOPIC:

Bush Devil 12 years 7 months ago #3225

Hi

just picked this up very very cheaply from fleabay. After i had bought it i had a little idea of fitting a blitzer beetle body i have lying around thats new. are these the same as the monster beetle shells ie same fixing holes etc?? and i was wondering would it be possible to fit it on this chassis?? any advice would be appreciated i have never worked on a bush devil before.

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Bush Devil 12 years 7 months ago #3228

Blitzer Beetle & Monster beetle have the mounting holes in the same places, and the Bush devil appears to have the same front shock tower and body mount post as the Monster Beetle, so you're good to go on the front without modifictions ... but the back end is quite different.

The Bush Devil, though it uses the same ORV space frame chassis as the Monster Beetle has a completely different gearbox, suspension & rear shock tower - however, the points at which the body mounts fit on the back end of the ORV frame are only used to secure the gearbox - so with a longer bolt, you probably could fit the E2 & E4 (body mount uprights) and two E8 (body posts) from the Monster Beetle, and get a replacement G1 part (brace) in pressed metal off eBay 0they tend to be very fragile. Check the Monster Beetle manual in the database ;)

The E parts are fairly rare & expensive, but if you did want to fit the body with off the shelf Tamiya parts, I think it's probably possible... although I'm of the mind that with a little ingenuity, you can fit any body to any chassis -I have a Midnight Pumpkin shell on a Wild Dagger, a 1/8 Capri body on a Schumacher 1/10 touring car, and I once put a 1/8 Porsche 911 shell on a Hornet :L

BTW, you _are_ aware that putting a Blizer Beetle shell on a Bush Devil chassis, therefore making the uneducated believe it's a Monster Beetle will require you to refer to this project from now on as a _Bush Monster_.
Really - it's the law :silly:

Nice find btw :)

Re: Bush Devil 12 years 7 months ago #3231

Attachments:

Re: Bush Devil 12 years 7 months ago #3232

Bush Monster :laugh:

Thanks for the advice i agree that any body should be able to be adapted to fit. I may attempt to fabricate some rear mounting myself.

Your pic has given me inspiration for the paint job.....dont mind if i steal the idea.

p.s your cheetah rebuild was staggering what a transformation

Re: Bush Devil 12 years 7 months ago #3237

great buy . you will have no scrunchin gears with the bush devil box like my blackfoot many ,
you can go for the

blackfoot range of tops
or the monster beetle
or the suberu brat / top

good luck and great bargin u got ;)

Re: Bush Devil 12 years 7 months ago #3247

Bush Monster :laugh:

Thanks for the advice i agree that any body should be able to be adapted to fit. I may attempt to fabricate some rear mounting myself.

Your pic has given me inspiration for the paint job.....dont mind if i steal the idea.

p.s your cheetah rebuild was staggering what a transformation

Help yourself, and thanks :)

Re: Bush Devil 12 years 7 months ago #3489

just finished rebuilding this chassis. fully ballraced now and a lot cleaner thought i would keep it original with all the original electronics as it nice and more importantly cheaper at the moment :(

planned on using the beetle shell on this but strangely i like the neon pink paintscheme on this so have opted to recycle the original shell as apart from three small cracks is in very reasonable condition. definitely good enough for a runner. i will attempt to reinforce the cracked areas using a shoe goo and dry wall tape method picked up off youtube. if anyone has a better solution please let me know.

one thing i definitely need is a tyre as one has a tear in its side. the other three are still useable so i was hoping someone on here may have a spare used tyre they dont want we could do a deal on?? please pm me if you have one as im desperate to rebuild this as cheaply as possible.

pics below are how the chassis currently stands just need to reinstall the acoms receiver and sort the tyres then its the bodyshell.

thanks in advance
Attachments:

Re: Bush Devil 12 years 7 months ago #3493

ok quick update, tried the shoe goo method last night on the shell and inspected it this morning and have to say im very less than inspired :( the cracks still move freely so i have reluctantly decided to go for option two the beetle shell.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that after turning the two rear mountings ninety degrees they line up perfectly with the beetle shell and it fits like it was made for it. see attached pic

I just need to do something about all the different colours now as its starting to look a bit crazy :laugh:

Im still desperate for that tyre if anyone has one :whistle:

ps sorry about the pics they where taken early this morning better ones soon
Attachments:

Re: Bush Devil 12 years 7 months ago #3498

Looks very cool. Hope you'll be able to get the "limb" fixed.

Re: Bush Devil 12 years 7 months ago #3502

Hy

there i have 4 hpi wheels with orginal beetle tyres on , the wheels are nice but iwanted the orginal yellow ones , i live in the uk if your willing arrange pick up you are welcome to have all 4 for free ,
:)

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds