Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1981 Rough Rider 12 years 7 months ago #3682

Hello Guys

Well I didn't exactly just get it, but here is my 1981 Rough Rider and ancient Acoms RC that I picked up from the loft a couple of months ago, where it had been for 25+ years. It now has new bearings, torsion bars, radio box mounts and a new hump battery, and we have been racing it around the local football clay pitch. The rear guard is a custom
steel job, and there are a few non-standard parts, including the roof which is made of tin with aluminium tubing uprights, as the original one got smashed off many moons ago.

I am not into putting RC cars on the shelf, and as I want a 'runner' or two, I am currently thinking I might sell it and buy a re-re Hotshot... Anyway, I hope the pics upload ok.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 1981 Rough Rider 12 years 6 months ago #3836

That is a beauty!
The patina of long term use and fun, combined with good maintenance, just gives this one a great look!

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: 1981 Rough Rider 12 years 6 months ago #3925

Thanks for the nice comment Larbut!

I have repented of selling it - don't know what I was thinking of! Must have been the flu I had...

I've just taken out the Acoms RC. I'm fitting a Futaba system with an ESC, as the old MSC only goes two speeds - fast forwards & fast backwards. The other zones seem to be burned out.

Re: 1981 Rough Rider 12 years 6 months ago #3931

he, he, never sell your good memories.:) (unless you get a fortune...:evil: )

Make sure to check if the ESC goes warm in the radio box. It's known to happen.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds