Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58083 Saint Dragon 12 years 6 months ago #3872

Hi All

I just picked up this NIB in pretty much mint and still sealed in box Saint Dragon off ebay. I hardly ever see the Saint Dragon anywhere, let alone a NIB in any condition. It's not my favorite Tamiya by any means. Actually, it's kind of ugly to me. But for the price I paid for it (which was pretty cheap and I think was a steal) since it seems to be a pretty rare kit, I jumped all over it! All corners are still sharp, no stains to be seen and no rips in the shrink wrap. I'm curious, since you all have been collecting Tamiyas for years, anybody have an idea of what this particular kit in this condition could be worth?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon 12 years 6 months ago #3874

I think the USD 180 + shipping was a good price.
The thing is, most people think like you; they don't particularly fancy the Saint Dragon, hence the prices will not be high.
In a good day, this NIB could probably fetch up to 40 50 USD more, but I think USD 250 is the limit.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon 12 years 6 months ago #3876

Wow thats a nice kit and a nice price too. I did feel the same about the Dragon but it has grown on me after seeing some nice builds on Tamiya Club. I certainly wouldnt mind having that in my collection. Very nice find.

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon 12 years 6 months ago #3928

Hmmm.. Interesting. I guess it wasn't much of steal after all... Well, I guess I'll hold on to it for a while and keep it in its sealed state. For the price and condition of it, I can't really complain!

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon 12 years 6 months ago #3930

I'm always impressed with those owning sealed NIB's.
I could never had resisted cracking the plastic open to look for what's really inside :evil:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon 12 years 6 months ago #3933

I'm with you on that Lars. My other NIBs are all open and will most likely be built at some point when I have the time! ;) I love the old blister pack look to the packaging, and it is tough to break them open and mess up the beauty of them. But these are meant to be built! Although enjoyable to look at, there's no fun in just staring at the box.... In my opinion! ;)

For this particular one though, I'm going to try and hold out a bit... If I can contain myself!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds