TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 years 7 months ago #31113

Nice score :y:

Rear wheels look suspiciously shiny ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 years 7 months ago #31114

Nice score :y:

Rear wheels look suspiciously shiny ;)

Yes, forgot about that.... Used a set of CRP-covers I found among my stash. Are waiting for a matching front set.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 years 7 months ago #31115

What model numbers/names are the radio gear bits BTW? I'm interested as they look to be period & it being a mk.2 chassis dates it quite effectively, TX is definitely not an early M-series or Medallion 2, but on the other hand doesn't quite look like one of the many "Attack" varieties that came later?

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 years 7 months ago #31116

What model numbers/names are the radio gear bits BTW? I'm interested as they look to be period & it being a mk.2 chassis dates it quite effectively, TX is definitely not an early M-series or Medallion 2, but on the other hand doesn't quite look like one of the many "Attack" varieties that came later?

The radio gear is 27mhz Futaba, made in Japan.
TX - FP-T2L
RX - FP-R2GS
Servo - FD33M (marked Ripmax/Futaba)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 years 7 months ago #31148

HI!... Got a few things yesterday....

- replacement roll cage for my Kyosho Scorpion :

- Some vintage electronics :

- Some more servo's for shelf queen's :

- More Tamiya Bigwig parts :

- New front bumper for one of my AE RC10 DS projects :

- Oh at last but not least a NIP Team Associated RC10 World's car re/re :

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 years 7 months ago #31165

My postman was very busy the last week......

Got me an Original Vintage Sand Scorcher, including 2 bodies...and i got a nice surprise

Both bodies are original, the door handles are all there but unfortunately the mirrors are missing :(
The blue one is the one in worst condition, all the gutters are dammaged and a few cracks here and there.
The pink-violet/black one has been badly painted...and it will be very difficult to remove the paint. I already tried to remove it with brake fluid without any results.

The original manual is also there includin a few spares...e.g complete reims with worn tires

The MSC is also included

While browsing through the manual i cam accross this :y: :y: :y: There was no mention of that in the listing

And an additional rear bumper/rollbar

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 years 7 months ago #31166

2 Days later, he had to pass by again :woohoo: :woohoo:

A Holiday Buggy in nice condition. OK this one will need a bit of attention in order to be restored but i have seen worth :P

Note the broken roof mounts

Broken spring/suspension mount...as far as i remember all i've seen have at least one of those attachments broken. I found a complete NIB-chassis yesterday as i browsing through local ad's and i just ordered it :woohoo:

The MSC is also present aswell as a broken front bumper. I think this one will be repaired and might be used on the Sand Scorcher i just got

Other bits were also there...

The original manual is also there but i forgot to take a pic of it.

Manotas
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 years 7 months ago #31167

The day after the Holiday Buggy....this came in.

I got me a complete avante 2001 Body set...this was the remaining part to start my next restoration.

Thanks for looking

Manotas
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, BramMeijer, stingray-63, AndyAus

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 years 7 months ago #31170

Got me an Original Vintage Sand Scorcher, including 2 bodies...and i got a nice surprise
Both bodies are original, the door handles are all there but unfortunately the mirrors are missing :(
The blue one is the one in worst condition, all the gutters are dammaged and a few cracks here and there.
The pink-violet/black one has been badly painted...and it will be very difficult to remove the paint. I already tried to remove it with brake fluid without any results.
The original manual is also there includin a few spares...e.g complete reims with worn tires
The MSC is also included
While browsing through the manual i cam accross this :y: :y: :y: There was no mention of that in the listing
And an additional rear bumper/rollbar

Nice score with the decals :y:

Re the pink/black painted one, if it's 2-pack (aka 2K or isocyanate) paint you'll never get it off short of mechanical means such as blasting or sanding ... however I doubt it is, as it's not something the average RCer would have access to - and I don't think a profession would used that colour combination, or put it on so badly. I suspect it just needs a longer soaking time, perhaps with a badword good scuffing up wit Scotchbrite to help things along.

Is the pink metallic? It looks like it might be, if so you might think about using a strong caustic soda solution instead.

Remember the forthcoming Super Champ re-release will a priori mean that the "grey" SRB bumper becomes available again.

:)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 9 years 7 months ago #31177

Nice score with the decals :y:

Re the pink/black painted one, if it's 2-pack (aka 2K or isocyanate) paint you'll never get it off short of mechanical means such as blasting or sanding ... however I doubt it is, as it's not something the average RCer would have access to - and I don't think a profession would used that colour combination, or put it on so badly. I suspect it just needs a longer soaking time, perhaps with a badword good scuffing up wit Scotchbrite to help things along.

Is the pink metallic? It looks like it might be, if so you might think about using a strong caustic soda solution instead.

Yes Jonny it's metallic....Unfortunately a private person can't buy caustic soda in Switzerland due a st*** federal law. Unless i go to France and get it there, hoping not to get caught at the customs, i will try with something like "cillit Bang" or just rebuild the blue one.

Remember the forthcoming Super Champ re-release will a priori mean that the "grey" SRB bumper becomes available again.
:)

Oh yeah...i forgot about that !

Thanks Jonny

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.