Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 10 months ago #39855

:ohmy: it arrived? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 10 months ago #39879

Many thanks to my sponsor :P (and the misses who was at home to collect)

Bigfoot body parts, Scorcher parts, new wheels and tires for the Hornet
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 10 months ago #39880

:y: Nice stuffs buddy.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 10 months ago #39881

Some weeks ago, I got an 58145 Mercedes ProMarkt kit from Austria. Chassis built, but body unpainted, stickers unused. The seller saight he had bought it in 1995, but soon lost interest after he had built the chassis. The package also contained color sprays, Revell contacta glue, NiCd power pack - everything from 1995.

And it containted 4 RC guide books in german language. I put them away, but today I found time to have a closer look. I also did some research at eBay, Amazon Marketplace, etc., but these items seem to be really rare and hard to find, regardless of the language.

After checking the guide book database, I suspect that some of the database entries have wrong years. My german version of this guide:
tamiyabase.com/...Itemid=774
has a "1991" copyright in it.

And the german version of these ones:
have a "1992" copyright.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 10 months ago #39902

Hi,
Mine has similar dating as yours, but the dating is when they were printed, and the main year given in the database is the year the Guide Book was available (or valid for if you like). So printed in 91, showing models available in 92, is the thought.

But, different distributors made their own versions of the manuals, so there may be variations.

-Lars

Some weeks ago, I got an 58145 Mercedes ProMarkt kit from Austria. Chassis built, but body unpainted, stickers unused. The seller saight he had bought it in 1995, but soon lost interest after he had built the chassis. The package also contained color sprays, Revell contacta glue, NiCd power pack - everything from 1995.

And it containted 4 RC guide books in german language. I put them away, but today I found time to have a closer look. I also did some research at eBay, Amazon Marketplace, etc., but these items seem to be really rare and hard to find, regardless of the language.

After checking the guide book database, I suspect that some of the database entries have wrong years. My german version of this guide:
has a "1991" copyright in it.

And the german version of these ones:
have a "1992" copyright.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 10 months ago #39903

Hi,
Mine has similar dating as yours, but the dating is when they were printed, and the main year given in the database is the year the Guide Book was available (or valid for if you like). So printed in 91, showing models available in 92, is the thought.

I see. But I also have guide books were the copyright year is the same as the year in the database (e.g. 1989 and 1995). It's hard to beliebe that they changed the logic after 1989 and then again towards 1995.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 10 months ago #39922

I agree that dating is difficult. I've also seen different sistributors re-use front pages from last year, so they are a challenge to date...
What i did to get it as best as I could was to also look at what models were in the books, and which were not.
Again, I don't think I have German books, and they seem to be different from the ones I have.

Hi,

I see. But I also have guide books were the copyright year is the same as the year in the database (e.g. 1989 and 1995). It's hard to beliebe that they changed the logic after 1989 and then again towards 1995.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 10 months ago #40009

One of my new trucks arrived today :woohoo: It came with the decal sheet & the other accessories :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 10 months ago #40010

WWWOOOOOHHHHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :y: beautyfull Andy. I love it.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 7 years 10 months ago #40011

WWWOOOOOHHHHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :y: beautyfull Andy. I love it.

Thanks buddy, It will become more beautiful with a new paint job ;)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.828 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.