Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 8 months ago #45588

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :y: :y: :y:
Lucky Andy.
I love these bags. Beaties and other t2m ones.
My beaties bag is in a poor state. I need to find another one. Do you know the story of the beaties bag?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 8 months ago #45594

Went around to catch up with a buddy & pick up my new Astute B) But he also had a nice gift for me :) A canvas Tamiya carry bag :woohoo: STOKED :woohoo:

Oh, what a score. Love it! :y:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45600

New rear socks arrived today for the egress. :p
Attachments:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45643

goodies nice motors, ledlights and one good esc
Attachments:

Last edit: by poebe.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45644

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :y: :y: :y:
Lucky Andy.
I love these bags. Beaties and other t2m ones.
My beaties bag is in a poor state. I need to find another one. Do you know the story of the beaties bag?

I have a Beaties bag too but didn't know there was a story?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45648

The AYK Viper arrived today :woohoo: Cleaned up a couple of thing's, Added new ayk tyre's and a genuine wing. Special thank's to Bullfrog for helping with those bit's :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45649

That Viper is actually quite good looking! :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45650

Hey nice, I have recently come to appreciate the period tough look that the AYK's had, lots of metal, not much style, very cool in my opinion. :)

I have a Beaties bag too......So what is the story about them??
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45651

I don't know the beaties story. Why these bags are so loved.... And what is beaties?

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45656

Beatties was a small (12 locations) chain of department stores in the Midlands in the UK (Birmingham, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Dudley & so on) - they only shut down in the last few years & there's a lot of nostalgia for them, as they would have been a prominent part of a lot of people's shopping experiences for a large chunk of the UK population, especially in the 1970s and 1980s, and especially if people bought there 1st Tamiya RC car from them back in the day.

Re the bags, I believe these were a freebie when a "deal" (car kit, battery, slow charger & radio gear) was bought. There are at least five principal varieties that I know of:

1 - Mid Blue, White print with F1 Car, Rough Rider & Sand Scorcher ... and what looks suspiciousy like what's now referred to as an, um, _golly_ :whistle:

2 - Black with yellow print, Hornet, Wild One & Hotshot

3a - Black with yellow print, Thundershot

3b - as 3a, but with car as "positive" line drawing

4 - Black with yellow print, Bear Hawk

5a - Dark Blue, "radio control" in white print, "BEATTIES" in yellow

5b - as 5a but with magneta ends, a profile pic of a car (stylised F40? edit - I think it might supposed to be some sort of Porsche :whistle:) replaces the Beatties print, also has Tamiya logos.

I've also owned a bag of precisely the same materials/construction as a gen2/3/4 beatties bag - but I can't for the life of me remember what model shop produced it.

edit wiki link for Gollys: en.wikipedia.or...i/Golliwog :blink: not at all PC now, but believe me, in the 1970s that was considered ok, Robertson's jam had a Golly logo & my grandmother collected proofs of purchase to send off for figurines & badges - I may still have some of the latter ...

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.