Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68898

They are small but its too big to fit on the trailer :) 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68910

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Another 380 motor, it’s funny to be picking up these little motors, when I’m sure loads of us were dumping them for 540’s in our younger days.
This will go into one of my vintage builds, which one I don’t know.
I’ve still got too much work stuff in my hobby room / office. So I’m struggling to organise my builds. There are too many boxes with projects in them, that I’d love to get to, that I can’t get to very easily.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68912

Great find Al. I have one in my Brat!!!    NICE!

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68913

These actually came Thursday but I didn't open the packets up till today.  You even get heat shrink with the wire which is great.  The lipo alarm is tested and works well :) 

I ordered the silicone wire to make a Tamiya to deans adapter so I can plug the lipo into the esc without soldering new connectors on the battery however the lipo has visibly thicker wire than the esc so I ordered both 14awg and 12awg to cover myself but when they arrived they're both 14awg. After checking I had made a mistake and not changed the wire gauge on the dropdown box durrrrrr 

Question: Will the wire thickness make any difference if I use the slightly thinner stuff? I rewired my house many years back so I have basic knowledge of higher amps need thicker wire.. I have no experience with lipo's and what gauge wires are needed or suitable. I can always order some 12awg if needed.

Dunno what the lipo is like but it was a good price and is a hard pack. Has anyone used this brand ? 

Any info or tips appreciated.

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:

Last edit: by jord001.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68915

As I mentioned in my mancave thread I had a mate visited me last week and I got loads of stuff for free, and I mean A LOT of stuff.
But first I have to say I'm really humble and appreciateful that he wanted to give me all this stuff.
There is still loads of kind souls out there.

Here we go
Got loads of links, aka M3 threaded pipes which is mostly used as 4 links on crawlers, but they can be used for many things

One tray with Losi MRC (Mini Rock Crawler parts

Loads of new bearings and M3 bolts. Most of those bearings was Yeah Racing 10 pack I have sorted into this bin.

More links, screws and Axial Honcho bumper.
AX10 Universal shafts (very sourced after), 23T servo horns, screws and Defender snorkel.

Several GCM CNC mounts for their scale chassis, wheel hexes, ball ends and crawler chassis.

Assorted springs including CR01 tuning springs

Tamiya Hilux body, RC4WD glass and a pair of steelie wheels (think those are GMade)

GCM transfer boxes. Brilliant transfer boxes if you want gearbox up front while having 4WD. Those is ment to be mounted on the middle of the chassis on top of the skid plate where the links mounts to.

Damper socks in various colors, lifetime supply of resin jerry cans lol, 4 sets of rubber fender flares, Futaba receiver and tow hooks.

Loads of lights and couple of receiver boxes and Castle BEC and field cards.

More lights and wires

There is more too, but most of that is already put into boxes.
On top of this I've got more from him last summer with similar parts.

Think I can use most of this myself, the rest I might sell on.

As you can see I got loads of stuff in this haul 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts, mirrorman

Last edit: by caprinut.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68916

Awesome Richard. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68917

These actually came Thursday but I didn't open the packets up till today.  You even get heat shrink with the wire which is great.  The lipo alarm is tested and works well :) 

I ordered the silicone wire to make a Tamiya to deans adapter so I can plug the lipo into the esc without soldering new connectors on the battery however the lipo has visibly thicker wire than the esc so I ordered both 14awg and 12awg to cover myself but when they arrived they're both 14awg. After checking I had made a mistake and not changed the wire gauge on the dropdown box durrrrrr 

Question: Will the wire thickness make any difference if I use the slightly thinner stuff? I rewired my house many years back so I have basic knowledge of higher amps need thicker wire.. I have no experience with lipo's and what gauge wires are needed or suitable. I can always order some 12awg if needed.

Dunno what the lipo is like but it was a good price and is a hard pack. Has anyone used this brand ? 

Any info or tips appreciated.

Lee

Lee in automotive (Renault) the basis is 5amp per mm2 of wire. And the silicon supports more heat.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68918

Another 380 motor, it’s funny to be picking up these little motors, when I’m sure loads of us were dumping them for 540’s in our younger days.
This will go into one of my vintage builds, which one I don’t know.

I’ve still got too much work stuff in my hobby room / office. So I’m struggling to organise my builds. There are too many boxes with projects in them, that I’d love to get to, that I can’t get to very easily.

Al if you have too much projects, send me one of your xr or cheetah 😁😂😁😂
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68988

This is my eBay classifieds buy for under 100€ incl. shipping. Seller had to put it into two big boxes. 
One King Blackfoot, two Fighter Buggy RX and a TL01 Ford Focus.
Photos are from the classifieds ad. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, mirrorman

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 6 months ago #68989

Wow, nice score!!!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.