Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45659

Hi Stingray,
Sorry man, I thought you were going to tell us a story about these bags.........:laugh:
From what I have been told, Beatties was a chain of hobby shops in the UK, they were a fairly large Tamiya R/C distributor back in the 80's and just like Tamiya Japan sold (?) the canvas carry bags for taking your car and radio stuff to the track, Beatties had a bag made for the same reason. The Beatties bags were constructed of a printed plastic type material not canvas and tend to get brittle with age. I have seen 2 colours a blue one with white printing that features some of the earlier on road and SRB cars and a later one that is black with yellow printing that has the Hotshot and later cars. I have one of the blue ones that I got with a car I bought on ebay many years back. I don't know how rare they are, its rare here because we never had Beatties shops in Canada.
I think it looks good on the shelf and if I found a nice Tamiya one I would be tempted to add it too. ;) That's all I know about them, perhaps some of our UK based members could add more info.....:whistle:

OK , I guess we were on the same page Jonny :laugh: Thanks for all that info, now I know way more about them too :laugh: I really need to learn to type faster.......:laugh:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45670

Jonny and Willy, thanks a lot. Now I know.

I bought my first tamiya fox because the auction sold the fox with the beatties bag and the price was equivalent to the bag price. The first mid blue with srb printed. Now, it keeps my lunch in my pt cruiser with aqs and charger. Only in case of...... ;)
Some other ones could be interesting. I have a younger t2m version too more like V5 beatties one.
Sincerly, they were good quality bags :y:

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45727

• VCR
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
For my son's birthday :-)

drive.google.co...XpGakEzUUU

Last edit: by VCR.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45728

A tamtech body???

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45729

• VCR
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
It's a Tamiya DF01 Porsche Cayenne Transsyberia

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45730

The picture shows your tamtech.
The cayenne is a pretty car and the chassis, df01 or ta01 is wonderfull. You made the good choice.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45731

• VCR
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Fixed (hopefully)

Last edit: by VCR.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45760

Hey Andyaus,
Looking good, nice find! I need to keep my eyes open for a Brusier / Mountineer chassis myself. I have a bunch of good body parts but no chassis. :(
Also I am still looking forward to trying this media blast trick for removing paint next chance I get, looks to work just great!
And I was wondering what is up with the axles/diffs ?? what is wrong? I don't have a Brusier ( yet) but I know from working on Hilux's and Blazers that they have no diff, just a ring a pinion and also no bearings in the stock setup just 1150 bushings, but that is fairly easy to fix. Also I don't believe the Brusiers have the locking front hubs ( somebody correct me here??) and that's is too bad because I always thought that was one of the coolest featuers of the Hilux / Blazer chassis.
Can't wait to see how this turns out!

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45780

Hey all,
Just got back from a driving holiday to the very eastern part of Canada, very beautiful, Meat Cove, Cape Breton....look that one up...it's like the end of the earth. B)
Andyaus, thanks for the link on the chassis, it looks great but it is a bit more than I was looking to spend right now, and it wasn't too long ago that right here on this very fourm I promised, hand on heart, that I would not buy any more projects this year, only work on what I have...but I do already have the body.......no, no, I better not....I really need to finish more shelves and stuff like that. Besides I need to know how much space I have to fill up! :laugh: :laugh:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 6 years 7 months ago #45783

:laugh: :laugh: Stay away from the "buy now" button oldwilly :laugh: :laugh:

Don't tempt me :P :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.