Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66104

Thats great Stingray, it was really cheap. Looks and feels well made though.  I will order another 2 or 3 for the other builds. 

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jord001.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66107

I belive Hornet is using AV pinions or 0.8 0.6 in in regular talking.
Carson is making 0.8 steel pinions, so does Robinson

Thanks Jonny for correcting my error.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by caprinut.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66109

AV = 0.6 mod

Lunchkin/hornet etc rolling axle pinion = 0.8 mod

48 dp is pretty much standard for US brands

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66110

Thanks Jonny.  As I don't have any US brands they will sit in my spares box unless someone needs one. 
Regards

Lee

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66116

A Mabuchi 540 RS which one day was in a Marui box from a Samurai for my Hunter project

Thanks Flo!
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, the11th, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66124

Fossilised 😂

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66128

I had an MSC just like that. Its all clean and hopefully working now. It will be tested in the next few days. 

Today I had a couple of deliveries, The new 3D printer filament arrived so I can attempt some stronger parts.  

The plastic primer arrived from Euro car parts however there was a mistake and one of the cans wasn't correct, although it was labelled up as grey plastic primer but has a clear lid. After a quick test spray it certainly isn't grey! Sprays out like a pearl blue/purple clear or a very weak silver. To be honest I haven't a clue what colour it is,  Anyway I called them and they refunded me for the can and said keep the one you got. It will probably sit on the shelf for ever but I will do another test when I have something to spray on. I will go to my local store and get a can of grey over the counter. 

Nothing else arrived today, only sponges from the £1 shop. 

Lee
Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66205

Just received this.
It's basicly green Locktite for gluing metal parts together.
This is less than 1/6th of the price of a Locktite bottle of green threadlock so it was easy to choose.
Green Locktite cost about £60 and above around here, so that was not an option.
Not so easy to find tho', as this is discontinued in the retail store chain (Biltema - scandinavian car parts and everything shop), so had to ask somebody to collect this from one of the stores that still had them in stock on my behalf.

And if you wonder, the first line is swedish, second norwegian, third finish, and last is danish.

So now I can glue my cvd driveshafts on my Regin Icelandic project 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by caprinut.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66208

Hi!

Just received this. A totally unexpected find...

A full Nylon reinforced cluster for the Marui Hunter. That is the only place where you can find the under gearbox cover which was not detailed by Marui. I was surprised to see this available on a website, and ordered it, as it was including the part that could have saved my original Hunter: the oilless bearing ate this part, and next it was differential, idle gear and the chassis...

In any case, I have now a servo mount, a servo saver, and some additional new parts for the restoration.... And this cluster costed me less than just a single servo saver NIP on ebay :-)

More parts for this project expected to show up in the next days/weeks. I may have what is needed to build one nice Hunter, and one with a broken chassis. And as for the broken chassis, I believe I have some ideas on how to repair it. My project just transformed itself in a double project :-D (shelf + runner HunterS)!

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66213

The Marui cluster got me thinking. There is parts I never used. on this cluster while building my original Hunter I checked the manual and their is actually parts remaining unused. I'm not sure if they were planned for usage on the Galaxy, but it may not be the case. I don't even think it is the case, as the Galaxy did have a different Bumper... Maybe there was initially a plan for a lower range model or something different based on the same chassis...

I thought it was to be shared in this topic as it got me thinking about this for the last 2 hours :-D

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.