Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66474

Got a few ball bearings for the Hunter delivered today. They are small and intended for the idle gear (with modification of those ones).

Few minutes later, another package arrived. It's part of the two kits I reserved by anticipation, as I believe they will be short in stock very soon. It's a Kyosho Javelin. They came in Inventory in most of the hobby shops in France Thursday afternoon last week. by Sunday morning, some of the shops did not have them anymore. I keyed my order on Sunday morning after I got my cart rejected because out of stock in the shop I was initially intending to do the purchase. Found it somewhere else and ordered.

For this one and the other one (reserved, to be delivered in June), I have some sort of agreement with my wife. The Javelin is not for now. It's for later. I've opened to check the content, and that's it. This will be stored until I'm allowed to open it :-).

Tomorrow I should receive some printer gears to check if it can do the job on the Hunter. We will see soon :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, mirrorman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66475

Exciting javelin. It is the only one I really dream from kyosho. Tbh, I couldn't wait june to build it. :D
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66476

Exciting javelin. It is the only one I really dream from kyosho. Tbh, I couldn't wait june to build it. :D

Well, it's challenging. Initially I was thinking about September, but may find justification to build it if I can find a kit my son can build :-). Talked about this with my wife, she seems not opposed to the idea, as we will need to find occupations for the kids. Maybe wrong approach, but I'm quite sure my daughter will ask also for one to build :-D...

Time will tell. I still have to finish the Super Hotshot before (including a thread for the build) and to deal with Hunter(s) project before (with details in thread). Hopefully, this will kept me occupied by then :-D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66477

Finally the WR-02CB suspension bits arrived.
Very bright ones indeed   They were the cheapest available to my door...
Going to fit my 4x4 Lunchbox project..
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001, mirrorman

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66483

You will need to consider neon paint to go with this :-D
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, jord001, mirrorman

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66485

Mercedes Lime Green or Toyota Lime Green might match the green parts, but I'm thinking Rover Applejack Green with rust effects & "Snot Box" decals ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66486

I've used the last of my old Squadron putty & the new stuff is just awful (99% glue & 1% solids), the Tamiya white & basic putties are very good (if very wet) but pretty much unobtainable in the UK the last few times I've looked, so I thought I'd get some AK brand white ("hard") and grey ("standard") to try:

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66490

Is this what you use on the WW figures and your styrene work?  

The only similar stuff i've ever used is milliput, I think I still have some in my box of Warhammer/D&D miniature figures from the 80's so I doubt its any good now lol. Wasn't that great back then though.

I have used Cellulose putty quite a lot but I guess that is not the same. I used that on helmets and panels. I probably need to replace that too. I shall go and check it. 

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66492

Mercedes Lime Green or Toyota Lime Green might match the green parts, but I'm thinking Rover Applejack Green with rust effects & "Snot Box" decals ;)

The Mercedes one is pretty much spot on!
Had the idea of making one stock one (vintage) with stock colors, and the 4x4 with stock colors.
Maybe I need to rethink the color choice...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 years 11 months ago #66503

Is this what you use on the WW figures and your styrene work?  

The only similar stuff i've ever used is milliput, I think I still have some in my box of Warhammer/D&D miniature figures from the 80's so I doubt its any good now lol. Wasn't that great back then though.

I have used Cellulose putty quite a lot but I guess that is not the same. I used that on helmets and panels. I probably need to replace that too. I shall go and check it. 

Lee

The definitions of  "stoppers" (IMO a superfine, non-porous quick drying "filler" put on in very thin layers with some sort of blade, "fillers" (IMO less fine, intended for larger areas/thicknesses & greater amounts of post-cure sanding, but still ), "stopper fillers" (properties of both) and "putty" (IMO something you knead, and put on with your fingers) seem to blur all the time :(

I haven't used any of the AK stuff yet, but yes, these "putty"s (actually fillers) are what I use for finishing/filling on styrene, but I also use Milliput, generally where a fillet needs to be more structural and/or need blending (like a wing /fender joint with a body). It's a real pig to sand after it's cured, so I always try to work it after applying (wet it, & used a cotton bud, finger or soft blade). I've found it has a limited life (maybe 18 months from new, less once opened), after which it's really slow to cure, leave it a bit longer & it just doesn't cure at all. "Putty"s that come in a tube though (like your cellulose putty?) seem to be fine for as long at you can get them out of the tube.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.