Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Guilty secrets 11 years 10 months ago #10343

Given that this is a vintage Tamiya RC site, I have some confessions to make:

1 - I really don't care if it's vintage or re-re

2 - I have owned several other makes of RC car - Mardave, Kyosho, even (bog help me) an Ansmann

3 - In my youth I threw away both an Avante and a Willy's Wheeler

4 - I would like to own a Striker

Thanks - I feel a lot better now. Well, apart from the 'Wheeler - I still feel a bit sick about that :sick: :pinch: :cry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Guilty secrets 11 years 10 months ago #10348

Thanks for that, Jonny. :lol: :silly:
Throwing away an Avante...

I got one too - it took until this millenium before I knew what an ESC was. :blush:

Re: Guilty secrets 11 years 10 months ago #10351

Throwing away an Avante...

I know :pinch:

Re: Guilty secrets 11 years 10 months ago #10380

I wouldn't feel guilty about owning other make RCs Jonny, it's good to have a bit of variety to see how different manufacturers approach different engineering problems, & you have to have some cars in your collection you can run. For me, the expense & peculiarities of most of the Tamiyas I've owned seems to stop me playing as hard as I'd like to, which sometimes takes a lot of the fun out of it.
Nothing wrong with the Annsmann kits as far as I can see - they're cheap & well engineered & as far as I know, don't have any odd afterthought bits that Tamiyas do. Most don't look nice, but as something that survives racing & bashing without breaking the bank, they do the job. The Mad Rat novice car they do is very similar to an RC10B4 & is a perfect racer out of the box for 50 quid. What Tamiya or Mardave kits are out there for that money, let alone with similar spec? Their motors are truly pants though, as are their ESCs (Rebadged MTronics?).
Tear-bringing throwaways - I've binned 3x SRBs, a Holiday Buggy, a Frog & worst of all a Celica LB turbo! I've still got the remains of an old Hirobo Rock-n-City kicking about, which would've ended up in the bin too if my brother hadn't persuaded me otherwise

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.