Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TAMIYA'S BOXES 11 years 7 months ago #13334

:blink:
I would like to know if you are so crazy than me.
What do you think about the "new generation of tam boxes"?
I remind then I was younger, when I get out the shop with a big tamiya box in the hands. It was MAGIC. Now, if you want a big box You have to buy a tank a truck or anything you buy a fortune. Before, Just with a TA01 like the dalta hf or a lunch box, you had a big box with a fabulous pict. And when you get out shop, you were proud and everybody on the street saw that you bought a new tamiya. Now boxes like shoes boxes wich you can put in a simple bag. They have no life.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: TAMIYA'S BOXES 11 years 7 months ago #13346

I don't think you can generalise about Tamiya boxes - there have been shoe box size ones for a long time, the 58143 Ford Mondeo BTCC box I have is very small, I would guess that there were some before that too. Re-release boxes have got smaller than the originals - either a little smaller (Sand Rover) or a lot smaller (Holiday Buggy).

There are still some properly big boxes, if that's what you want - the Bruiser & and Super Clodbuster for example.

My problem with Tamiya boxes is the way a lot have gone to a photo rather than "proper" box art :(

Re: TAMIYA'S BOXES 11 years 7 months ago #13361

:(
Small boxes begun with the TA02. It is easier to stock but less funny. The very olds cars had big boxes. My F350and cr01 too, but maybe is it proportionnal with the price of teh model :S
Low price=small box and big price synonimous of big box
SNIFFFFFFFFF :cry:

TAMIYA'S BOXES 11 years 7 months ago #13391

My problem with Tamiya boxes is the way a lot have gone to a photo rather than "proper" box art :(

I bought a Super Clod for my little one about 4 years ago and was deeply upset at the box having a pic and not art. But it is a big box. I still have my M-01 Mini box somewhere. Probably has a pair if the wife's shoes in it.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.