Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Thunder Shot 12 years 10 months ago #1516

Picked this old Tamiya Thunder shot up off Ebay it was shocking when it arrived in a terrible state almost binned it :( I replaced the badly cracked parts including the A5 part that always breaks on these. It was already fully ballraced with rubber shielded bearings throughout. Fitted a cheap esc and a Proline shell i picked up from a local hobby store that i had to adapt to fit as it was for a complete different buggy! New wheels and tyres and adapted a wing i had lying around to fit it. i always disliked the Thundershot body it was just a little too far out for my taste? Its a bit of a Frankenstein buggy really :laugh: and i Intended to bash it to death but like so many other of my cars ended up on a shelf,then in a box, then in the attic! Just got it back out again today and dusted it off thought you might like a few pics. tested it quickly and this flies now very fast. I have decided to try a photograph a lot of my cars and try and upload them to my profile so i have some reference of what i have in my large collection so keep your eyes peeled ill be updating regularly. just need to work out how to upload gallery pics and descriptions now as im new to this forum stuff :unsure:

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Tamiya Thunder Shot 12 years 10 months ago #1517

That shell looks Ace!
Is that a paint job or good looking decals?

Regarding the Gallery: Go to your Member Profile" page (top menu), select the gallery tab, make sure your images are as required, and hit the "submit new gallery link" :-)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Last edit: by larbut.

Re: Tamiya Thunder Shot 12 years 10 months ago #1518

thanks for the comments lars i cannot claim credit for the body as it came prepainted however i applied the decals myself. you may have noticed some of the original thundershot stickers are attached i did this through guilt really as i wanted to recycle some of the original bodyshell so heated them with a hairdryer and peeling them slowly then re-applying them to the new shell. it worked a treat despite the fact they where years old. i only used a few but think they worked out well enough. thanks for the advice regarding the gallery im not completely sure how to resize the images so that they are acceptable though? im a bit of a technophobe i only use my computer for surfing really to look at great sites like this. id like to work it out though as id like to photograph and share some more of my cars as i have loved looking at other peoples on here and would like to contribute.

regards

Re: Tamiya Thunder Shot 12 years 10 months ago #1519

Nice Thundershot hybrid! B)

I'd definitely be interested in the pictures of your other cars...

Resizing can be done with Windows Paint as follows :

- Open Windows paint and the picture you want to resize (File - Open)
- Then go to the 'Image' tab and select 'Stretch/Skew'
- Here you can resize (stretch) the picture to a certain percentage
- Best thing of course would be to use the same number for horizontal and vertical ;)

Unfortunately a number of pixels can not be selected with this software. :(

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Tamiya Thunder Shot 12 years 10 months ago #1520

To resize your images, try to right-click on a image file and seect "Edit".
This will open some kind of image edit programme, where you possibly can change the size of the image.
If the pogram that opens does not have a "resize" tool,try this:
Again back to your files, right-click on one of them, select "Open with..." and try the programs listed there. Again look for a tool called "Resize" or "Size".

Remember, if you want to keep the original image (you usually do), then make sure to select "Save as", end then give a new name. (don't just press "save")

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Re: Tamiya Thunder Shot 12 years 10 months ago #1521

cheers Edou

just looked in to it on-line and think i have sussed it. i have found a free online re-sizing program that works a treat.

thanks for the comments ill be putting up a few more cars as soon as poss. They may not all be Tamiya as i have some odd stuff too like Carisma, Mardave, Kyosho, Hpi etc. not all Vintage but RC is RC right? Ill just make sure they are grouped in the right forum sections.

Regards

Re: Tamiya Thunder Shot 12 years 10 months ago #1522

He he, I fineished the description, returned to the home page, and saw you new Gallery photo, nice :-)

-Lars

Re: Tamiya Thunder Shot 12 years 10 months ago #1523

Indeed a very nice picture! Good size too! :)

Re: Tamiya Thunder Shot 12 years 10 months ago #1524

thanks for all the help will update some more images soon......great website!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.