Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gotta see this if you haven't already... 11 years 4 months ago #16646

I came across this by chance on Scale 4x4 RC when I was looking for some ideas for my project I am finishing up.. I saw this and thought it was awesome :woohoo: .. It is a Tamiya build as well.. enjoy! B)

VW Van build

Shawn
Current Project: The Dylan Project Grasshopper

My Projects in the works: The Fighting Frog, The Restoration of my Fox, Back in the Day Blackfoot Racer, The JRX-2's, Yokomo YZ-10's of fury x3

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Gotta see this if you haven't already... 11 years 4 months ago #16648

yep seen that on TC this one is awesome too 2CV. :woohoo:

Re: Gotta see this if you haven't already... 11 years 4 months ago #16650

I was checking out this guy's showroom on TC and his work is amazing! Makes me want to get into the whole scale thing.. I'm going to go and read the "Scratch builds, paint & body shop" threads for some ideas.. Jonny Retro has done some awesome stuff here as well that I think will go on a long term build.. I guess my "architecture student" juices will run again.. :pinch: model building skills will be brought back from the coma they have been in from a world of 3d modelling.. :lol: unleash the glue of badword!! :evil: Muhahahaha

Hmmm.. Now that I think about it, I think I may start doing some 3d models of some parts for 3d printing.. I still have some styrene too.. OMG this is going to be a mess huh?? :lol:

Shawn

My Projects in the works: The Fighting Frog, The Restoration of my Fox, Back in the Day Blackfoot Racer, The JRX-2's, Yokomo YZ-10's of fury x3

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Re: Gotta see this if you haven't already... 11 years 4 months ago #16652

I'd love to be able to do stuff like this. There's a guy at work who does similar with aircraft kits & they're awesome

Re: Gotta see this if you haven't already... 11 years 4 months ago #16662

:woohoo:
This man is a warrior. JR You have work to make the same... :y:
Merry christmassssssssssssssss

Re: Gotta see this if you haven't already... 11 years 4 months ago #16667

In the VW van build... does anyone know what is used to 'mask' to create the rust effect between paint coats? :huh:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: Gotta see this if you haven't already... 11 years 4 months ago #16668

read the manual ;) its water and (wet)salt then sprayed over and removed when dried with hot water.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: Gotta see this if you haven't already... 11 years 4 months ago #16670

Porsche959Boy like waterbok said. Here is what he said on page 3

from scale4x4.org:

Thanks for all the comments! The material was salt. You spray the model with water and attach/dip/throw/toss/apply salt where you want it between coats.

Then you scrub it all off under hot water and get that effect.

I really enjoyed this build, but still need to get beach photos. I also have more ideas, but the holidays are getting in the way! Haha...

Cheers,
Skottoman

from scale4x4.org

Pretty interesting to get the weathered look for rust.

Shawn

I'm not a Re-re yet!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.