Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dummy batteries 11 years 4 months ago #16733

HI!... As many of you know, I like to make my shelf queens look like they are 1 second from running. So after seeing J/R's dummy battery post I decided to do the same thing. I didn't go as far as to drill the aluminum stock and put screws. I just made the dummy batteries a tad longer to compensate. I figure no one's going to see the tips anyway. So I started out with 1/2 inch (13MM) round aluminum bar. I want to put some clear shrink tubing over the decals later so I went 1mm small than J/R did. J/R was nice enough to make me some fake battery decals. They turned out great. Thanks again J/R!!!!! :y: This is what I got done so far. Still waiting for the clear shrink tubing to show up. I'm going to be building a ton of dummy 7.2 volt packs too. I got almost everything to do those as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Dummy batteries 11 years 4 months ago #16734

Those dummies are looking real good :-)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Dummy batteries 11 years 4 months ago #16740

Those dummies are looking real good :-)

+1 :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Re: Dummy batteries 11 years 4 months ago #16757

This is what I've worked up for your fake NiCads; black on clear, 98mm wide by 32mm high :)

Attachments:

Re: Dummy batteries 11 years 4 months ago #16763

HI!... Looks great J/R! I started working on the dummy 7.2 packs yesterday. Got almost everything to finish them but those dam plastic pack end caps!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Re: Dummy batteries 11 years 4 months ago #16837

HI!... Well I got working on the "Dummy" Ni-Cad battery packs this weekend. I started off with some 1/2 PVC electrical conduit. Cut it into the proper lengths. Then I slotted the lengths in two spots to simulate the 3 battery cells on each side of the pack. I now have the shrink tubing and pig tails. Just need the end caps and I can start building the packs.

I also got a whole bunch of "Dummy" AA batteries done as well.

Re: Dummy batteries 11 years 4 months ago #16845

I like the slots in the stick packs - that's really going the extra mile :y:

Re: Dummy batteries 11 years 4 months ago #17303

HI!... Well the battery decals J/R made showed up and so did my Tamiya battery plugs. Just waiting on the end caps to get here now so I can start building these things.

Re: Dummy batteries 11 years 4 months ago #17337

HI!... Well got some work done on the dummy 7.2 volt packs. I had one set of battery end caps, so I decided to built a prototype. Came out well. I think I should Of bought the next size smaller shrink tubing. Seems it tries to wrinkle up right before it gets tight.

Re: Dummy batteries 11 years 4 months ago #17349

I really like the work you have put down to make these batteries!
I got a tip that this must be worthy an Award, and sure it is :-)

You have hereby received the "Builder Award in Bronze" for your efforts and for the sharing here in the forums :y:

Keep those good ideas coming :cheer:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.