Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Just For Fun 11 years 4 months ago #17221

So I got some short CVAs and Rx's today and went to work finishing my rere Lunchbox the old lady got me for Xmas. It was still daylight when I was done so I threw in a 3300mah nicd and hit the driveway. And it was fun! I have been working on so many highly detailed scale rides, pointless go fast cars and fighting crappy tape for so long that I forgot what fun just trying to keep Vanessa with her one colour paint job on her wheels can be.
Her paint is scuffed, body dinged and has some mud on it and I don't care. I had a blast.
My younger son heard me giggling and tried his hand at the controller for the first time ever and decided he wants one. I'll be ordering him a Midnight Pumpkin very soon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Just For Fun 11 years 4 months ago #17224

That's a really good story, of how much fun toys can be if used as intended!
I hate to say it, but I'm already feeling suckered in by the modelling thing, it's been ages since I was last out thrashing something to death!

Re: Just For Fun 11 years 4 months ago #17230

I have probably put more battery packs through my metallic Pumpkin than any of my other cars. Looks tough, fun to drive, simple to maintain. A winning formula. Its basic design is also a blank canvas for modifications....

Re: Just For Fun 11 years 4 months ago #17262

B) Hey Meister,
My first remind of rc is my old Vaness' N ow I have a off road, a street a off road midnight and a low rider one. I LOVE the LUNCH BOX. I would like to buy one just to build it stock. :y:

Re: Just For Fun 11 years 4 months ago #17281

I miss my old Lunchy, hilarious toy

Re: Just For Fun 11 years 4 months ago #17283

Been thinking about a Monster Beetle to go with the 2 Hotshot 2 i have one of them will nerver be used when its done the other will all the custom alloy bits (bumper shocks whellhubs ect) i am now running without the body on at the moment as i still cant fnd that access hatch cover to fit to it to allow the body to be mounted.

But i have let my 10yr old son have a go on christmas day i sat on the park bench and watched with a few nerves as he piloted my boyhood RC car for the first time it was a special moment as i was watching him play with one of the Tamiya cars his dad spent hours with as a child.

What made it really special was untill that moment the car had never been driven in anger as i had only just got the last few parts for it the day before christmas eve so after months of ebay reliving my youth and scouring the internet for parts not to mention the wife agro for having bits of RC car in boxes all over the house my son got to take it out for the first time and that half hour watching him drive it grow more confident with it and do a few jumps (he loved that bit)it was all worth it.

What Tamiya have done here is not just make great RC Cars they make special moments where 2 generations can enjoy very special moments together and i take my hat of to them for that.

Much to the his mums dismay he got a RERE Hotshot off me on boxing day :)

Last edit: by Si06.

Just For Fun 11 years 4 months ago #17293

I very much agree with special moments. And I'm glad my 10yo is finally showing some interest in something other than game design and animation. I never could get my 23yo drive or fly anything, but my granddaughter turns 4 this summer and she's gonna get my Jun Wantanabe Hornet with a 380 in it.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds