Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 3 years 11 months ago #59432

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
After spending yesterday decorating and this morning getting shopping for some people who can’t get out at the minute I thought I’d have a relaxing afternoon making something. I got all the boxes of bits out to start my Blazing Blazer chassis. But after realising some bits needed cleaning and one of the grub screws is stuck tight in one of the UJ’s I kinda lost heart.
But after rummaging through 2 boxes of bits I decided to put this gear box together.
I had a bit of a spree on 3 speed stuff last year. And ended up buying various lots of bits. So out of several purchases on eBay I had enough parts to make up one complete gearbox.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Al
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 3 years 11 months ago #59433

Nice project Al. The blazer has been my first vintage 3 speed. And really fun to restore.

What did you do today? 3 years 11 months ago #59434

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Nice project Al. The blazer has been my first vintage 3 speed. And really fun to restore.

Cheers Flo, I enjoy working on the 3 speeds. It’s a nice chassis to work on.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 3 years 11 months ago #59435

After spending yesterday decorating and this morning getting shopping for some people who can’t get out at the minute I thought I’d have a relaxing afternoon making something. I got all the boxes of bits out to start my Blazing Blazer chassis. But after realising some bits needed cleaning and one of the grub screws is stuck tight in one of the UJ’s I kinda lost heart.
But after rummaging through 2 boxes of bits I decided to put this gear box together.
I had a bit of a spree on 3 speed stuff last year. And ended up buying various lots of bits. So out of several purchases on eBay I had enough parts to make up one complete gearbox.

Al

Nice love those gearboxes, I have a new replacement one for the older 3 speed somewhere including motor. Always nice to have nearby. 😁
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

What did you do today? 3 years 11 months ago #59444

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Al

Nice love those gearboxes, I have a new replacement one for the older 3 speed somewhere including motor. Always nice to have nearby. 😁

Waterbok after spending a bit of time this morning looking at what’s missing from the left over bits of gear box, I’ve actually got enough to make another one.
I had some flanged bearings in with some nuts and bolts. All I need to do is find something to use for one of the small springs and it’s complete.
Blimey !!!

What did you do today? 3 years 11 months ago #59445

Nice Al,
I love working on those gearboxes.
I hope you will enjoy it as mich as i did !
Great job
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

What did you do today? 3 years 11 months ago #59446

I totally agree with you!
I got one completely overhauled ready to be installed.
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

What did you do today? 3 years 11 months ago #59448

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
They are a good challenge.
When you open them up you’re never quite sure what waits inside.
I always find at least one spring has been replaced at some point.

This had started out as the restoration of the Toyota Hilux you sold to me.

Thanks,

Al
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

What did you do today? 3 years 11 months ago #59515

Hi. Newbie here.
So my dad bought me a Tamiya Ford F-150 www.tamiyausa.c...-150-1995/ I got back to it due to the free time from the Coronavirus lockdowns.
It had a few problems so I opened the differential yesterday and greased it and now it's good.
There is another huge problem though: the suspension.
The springs can't seem to hold the truck up, and it just kinda falls down.

Last edit: by Cowolter1.

What did you do today? 3 years 11 months ago #59516

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi, post up some pictures of the problem. Someone will be able to help.

Cheers.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.