Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69700

I've finally packed all my projects into nice sturdy boxes for easy storage which I hope it will make it easier to work on them. Which means I've been having a huge tidy up in the garage to make space for the unbuilt projects I have and The garage is still a big mess though until I can afford to get a skip. 

Just realised while rearranging shelves in the garage that I've been printing those RC stands at 70mm high and the blocks I have the buggies and Quattro's on are 40mm so I will have to reprint some legs so that they will fit under the shelf :)  It's all good learning  lol

Getting my gear ready for work over the weekend, last 3 days till new year I hope. Grandson coming to stay tomorrow so hopefully we will get to run the Lunchy's

Regards

Lee
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69701

Lovely boxes Lee. Crossed fingers for your grandson. I'm sure you'll have lot of runs . And he will have his own lunchy no?
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69702

He will use Lunchy#2 at the moment Flo but at Christmas he will have his own to build and run, he doesn't know yet. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69710

👏👏👏 can't wait to see his eyes when he will open the gift.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69718

Got another used Planet TS2+2 radio combo; I don't use this test rig that often, but having spent the time to set it up, it makes it really easy.

It's still lacking a name though - there's a 27m high, 320+mm wide section on the front just begging for some text/a logo.

IMO, home-built, slightly Heath Robinson / Rube Goldberg apparatus like this ought to have a name that's partly a nod to its function, but mostly a blend of thinly veiled innuendo, and unnecessary hyperbole. For example, if I ever get round to building the motorised aerosol shaker I've had in mind for the last few years, it'll be named the TossMaster 5000.   

I'm thinking the right name for this would be the TestTickler 2400 :silly:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69740

Not easy to see, buy there is some christmas lightning going on in the mancave

And this year my Würth Zakspeed Capri is the Tamiya christmas item in the living room.

Felt a bit naked so it got a table cloth as well.
Not been in the shops lately or else I would have bought a piece of cotton sheet as well and maybe a Santa hat or a christmas three.

Anything else I have done a bit more on the Bigwig project.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69751

It's still lacking a name though - there's a 27m high, 320+mm wide section on the front just begging for some text/a logo.

The Twitchalater 2000 ;) 
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69752

Well, it's a very caprinut Christmas tableau :D ;)

A few clippings from a coniferous evergreen would make excellent 1:10 scale trees, it's a shame you live in a country that's completely devoid of such species :whistle: :silly:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69757

An indoor track morning... After about 45 minutes group work to make a track appearing, it was time to try it...

Lunchboxes were put to the tasks (track tools will be awaiting under the xmas tree :-) ). Not really the right tool for this, but I have proof that it can be difficult to overtake with a real track tool, as a lunchbox can take a lot of room on the track (and I can also tell it is quite easy to overtake with a Lunchbox, but that is another story - and I'm not really proud of my son when he overtakes like this :-D)

Long story short, after 30 minutes with the two lunchbox, my remote was showing low battery signal. While I was going to change the battery, my sons came to me and complained about the same issue, precising that he forgot to take additional batteries again  ... I gave him my full batteries, and the good thing is that I had the time to take some vids... Maybe I'll take the time to mount some of them...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 4 months ago #69780

Woohooooo sunday afternoon was first runs time. Relatively short because I exploded the rear shock post on the blitzer beetle and due to my error, my son in law burnt his esc. The esc ran dull power in rear.... So with a new 17t it didn't like. It smelt the burnt epoxy.... Now, he has a mtronic nolimit esc. But this wt01 runs very well and is fast. I'm very happy. The bb runs very well to. 
and 4 days with my grandson are the best moments. 😍
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.