Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70632

Not really R/C but needed to kick-start my brain into reducing the list of cars waiting for paint.  Think at last count I have six builds that need paint.  So went smaller 1/24 scale and got some primer and base coats on the Civic's.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70657

Yesterday and today I finally have cut up the two big 4mm glass plates.
Each was 77.5x120cm.
I manged to cut 6 shelves for my vitrine cabinet in my livingroom and 1 for the scale garage storage unit + one for my Detolf cabinet.

My livingromm vitrine cabinet before

Now

I plan on extend the rear so long vehicles like touring cars can face outwards, that will also mean I will have more room for more vehicles.
I will also add lights at some point.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70660

Hehehee love that Richard.👏👏👏
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70675

I finally reached the front end of the Nichimo, and modeled the Bumper from the puzzle I had on my desk... Next top half chassis and roll cage.

By the way, I love this view which remind me some animes from my youth...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70689

Got the top half chassis model done. Measurements to be checked...

Roll cage is the last part to model to be able to consider the rebuild...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70692

I reached a key milestone of a long and challenging project today I have a CAD model for each of the broken parts of my Nichimo Spirit FF :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70693

Got yet another Flysky FS-CT6B combo – a used one on eBay for about 60% of the cost of a new one.

Testing it showed it had a bizarre setup with some very reduced end points on one channel, another mixed 50% on to two more channels, and one channel disabled completely. It probably made sense for whatever the PO had it set up for, but for a surface vehicle, hopeless.

No problem, it’s just setup, and while the interface is clunky, the manufacturer’s software (T6Config) allows you to change everything back, and I have the correct trainer port to USB cable from another set … 

Since using it to set up the same model of radio for my Hagglunds project though, the software & the installation files seem to have completely disappeared from my PC (?!), even though it wasn’t that long since I last used it, and there’s no way I removed it …

I found the wee (8cm) CDROM that came with one of the other sets, and after a lot of graunching, my CDR/DVDR writer finally grudgingly accepted that a size other than the standard (12cm) existed, and I was able to copy the files across before it changed its mind. 

The T6Config software worked ok, but the CP210xCPCInstaller (USB to UART bridge) gave the error message “This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator”, despite me being the administrator and only user of the PC, and using the right click, “Run as administrator” option.

Google suggested that this was down to a setting that could be changed in the Group Policy Editor … so Windows key + R, gpedit.msc … not found – and not installed. Even though it used to be there (?!).

Find the file, download & install it, run it … and the setting that’s supposed to be responsible is already set to “enabled” :S 

At this point I see that someone recommended the “DigitalRadio” software for this TX, so try the free version (2USD for the full version) –if anything it’s even more clunky and unclear, doesn’t get past the need for the bridge drivers, and triggers all sorts of AVS warnings & blocks…   

Back to T6Config then …

Check Device Manager, immediately spot a ! warning triangle under USB ports, so use the update driver option, point it at the folder containing the files, installs in seconds without any sort of warning or blocks :whistle:  

Now I have the software working, I can see the TX is behaving exactly as expected from physical testing board – but some of the options to restore things back to factory just aren’t there – or at least I can’t see them, or work out where they are …  no nice, easy “factory reset” button either. 

I unplugged the “new” TX, plugged in the one from the Hagglunds, “Save” that setup to my HD, reconnect the “new” TX and “Open” that file, overwriting whatever’s already there, then correct the end point adjustments I’d made for it, along with the odd servo reverse.   

Pretty trivial, and I would have had to sort it at some point anyway – but it reminds me why a return to IT was something I never really pushed for. I hate the way that things get “improved” without consideration for what else might happen (which stops other, older things working because the goalposts have been moved) and the only real strategy is to poke things with a stick until they work again. I swear I can feel my frontal lobes having a slap fight, if not actually trying to tie themselves in a knot :S
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70694

Well, I have very mixed feelings about the way IT turns nowadays...
Yes it is becoming more and more difficult with security leading to some additional validations and checks required at many points... But on the other side, I see those additional checks and control really required... What is bugging me is that sometimes, even for IT guys it is not self explanatory what to do for this... And the fact is that is even more difficult for non IT guys...
And unfortunately, I don't see this evolving in a different direction, and this for a lot of reasons...

What did you do today? 2 years 2 months ago #70706

Did all red parts and changed the plan for some, just because I can
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Nichimo Spirit FF - The first of a kind 2 years 2 months ago #70767

Been working on more storage - a big open fronted box that will hold 6 folding crates & the two carboard boxes all my rolls of self adhesive vinyl are in, and effectively replace the pine bench I used for photographs - just holding a lot more in the same space. I must have twitched when taking the pic, you should have seen it before I used the "sharpen more" filter. Twice :whistle: The unit is also back uppermost at this point, for some reason.

Insulation, because it's going to be quite close to the radiator & there's no point heating the unit up.

Another problem area for me is these boxes - some of them I want to get at quite regularly & it's becoming more & more of a pain to move stuff to get to the right one - and then put it back. 

The "Solution" is more of a compromise than I'd like, it will go between the Ikea glass cabinet & the rightmost DIY display case, but it's very tall, will be top heavy if I'm not careful, and will obscure more of the display than I'd like. It may be possible to cut down on the number of boxes - and literally cut down the height of the thing down - at some point.

At the moment, the thing is unfinished & laying on its back, in case the topography is messing with your melon ;)

nb The "bench" unit is upside down & backwards here - I'm waiting on castors, plus the fasteners to fit them - and at least this way I can use it as a workbench in the meantime.

I'm also thinking I should re-site Grandma's crockery on the grounds it clashes, not because I could then put another Wild Willy in there instead ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.