Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 1 year 1 month ago #74937

Niiiice thank you Andy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 1 year 1 month ago #74941

Excellent time in the shop today Gave the bench a good clean and sorted out 4 trays of misc screws and such hahaha Fitted the pinions to the torque tuned motors for the Fire Dragon and Hot Shot II before some work on the Super Sabre I needed the pin for the steering on the Super Sabre so started with a Blackfoot hinge pin and machined what I needed, After testing fitment I gave it a final polish before installing the new servo The remainder of the electrics are next

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, EddyCH, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 1 month ago #74945

I droped some test gears to the post office... They are going to Norway, and hopefully, we will see some build and test run at some point :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

What did you do today? 1 year 1 month ago #74951

As you can see the rust effect set i bought did absolute nothing than some slight discoloring of the dark grey. I also used vinegar concentrate and put salt into it. treated it numerous times over a period of 1 week.
Still at its place it looks great with its surrounding.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 1 month ago #74952

Looks more than copper oxyd effect
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

What did you do today? 1 year 1 month ago #74954

Electrics completed plus I couldn't help myself and painted the body, Yes the underwing too

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, EddyCH

What did you do today? 1 year 1 month ago #74971

Well I cut the stickers last night while watching the footy and snuck out to the shop early to finish the job Next I will do everyones favorite thing and paint the drivers for the Fire Dragon, Super Sabre and Vanquish

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 1 month ago #74973

It looks pretty nice.

What did you do today? 1 year 1 month ago #74974

Mini track test drive succesful, Now we only need to use the wood in the background to renovate the hut, then i will have the full space available... up to the hut.

The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 1 month ago #74975

Finally finished my 58080 Astute! This is the most excited I have been for a build in quite a while and it didn't disappoint. I got this for $40 locally and then bought the body, decals, rear wheels and tires and a  couple of other small bits after a complete teardown and rebuild. Only piece yet to complete is the chassis guard which will go on later. Front wheels and tires are not correct but I like them. Can't wait to get it out back!! 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.