Keyword

TOPIC:

Is TamiyaClub dead? 7 years 6 months ago #40796

I'm gonna have one of those TBG Wells Coyote bodies for sure! Thanks for donating it! :y:

(something I couldn't have said on TC)
The following user(s) Liked this: beefmuffin, Snappy1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Is TamiyaClub dead? 7 years 6 months ago #40812

Same same, thanks Beefmuffin
The following user(s) Liked this: beefmuffin

Is TamiyaClub dead? 7 years 6 months ago #40825

Btw beef curtains looks like you can now talk about repro stuff on TC

www.tamiyaclub....th-a-read/
<p>16 Tamiyas and the limit is reached (per the boss).... So I have to rotate to maintain that number.</p>
The following user(s) Liked this: beefmuffin

Is TamiyaClub dead? 7 years 6 months ago #40826

Oh wow, cool... I didn't notice that! Between the censorship and the forum redesign (which is technologically better but for me much harder to follow which threads have been updated; you have to wade through every individual post and action in every thread) they'd already driven me away a good fraction of the time I used to spend there.

Too bad they couldn't have reached the same conclusion any of the dozen or so times over the past year or two I'd emailed Chris and Andy to lay out pretty much exactly the same argument described in that post. Actually, they have gone farther than I expected by allowing the discussion of repro stuff for Tamiya models. I'm happy about it, but the extreme policy swing also underlines how arbitrary the previous rules were, particularly in relation to the intensity with which they were enforced. :dry:

Last edit: by beefmuffin.

Is TamiyaClub dead? 7 years 6 months ago #40827

Oh wow, cool... I didn't notice that! Between the censorship and the forum redesign (which is technologically better but for me much harder to follow which threads have been updated; you have to wade through every individual post and action in every thread) they'd already driven me away a good fraction of the time I used to spend there.

Too bad they couldn't have reached the same conclusion any of the dozen or so times over the past year or two I'd emailed Chris and Andy to lay out pretty much exactly the same argument described in that post. Actually, they have gone farther than I expected by allowing the discussion of repro stuff for Tamiya models. I'm happy about it, but the extreme policy swing also underlines how arbitrary the previous rules were, particularly in relation to the intensity with which they were enforced. :dry:

guess I'm glad I never actually got on there I depend on TBG for some of my replacement bodies since people inflate the he77 out of stock bodies :(
<p>16 Tamiyas and the limit is reached (per the boss).... So I have to rotate to maintain that number.</p>

Is TamiyaClub dead? 7 years 5 months ago #41680

Nice work you two, you have shown me that TC is both dead and alive, but barely in some regards. I have found very little lately to get excited about on the "front page" as I call it. It was once full of cool looking kits and restores and hand made parts, now it is starting to look a lot like jelly bean cars and such. I know, been a member for some 10 years and you can't keep everyone happy. I use the pictures mostly in my daily check of what is going on. I don't have any way to access the site at work, I have to physically work at my job and I don't get any computer time all day, so it is wrapped up at the end of the day(midnight now) each day. I have known about Tamiya Base and Tamiya 101 for years, but I don't visit them much as they seemed pretty forum based most of the time and my eyes get tired quickly reading lots of words, Chris like pictures, they good, not read so good. LOL I know, I am a PITA, but it is literally what I do, I get so distracted by things....ooooh something shiny, that I guess I might as well be Dory.

I don't know what 2017 holds for me in the Tamiya collecting, rebuilding, restoring, fixing realm, but we shall see. I am not fed up with any of the sites....yet, but sometimes they don't get enough of my attention of they don't hold my attention. I think I will focus on getting a few of my surplus things sold off and into the hands of fellow collectors as I don't like paying eBay to sell things and I like to know that other folks in need/want of the part I might have are getting them without a serious auction going on.

Oh, and thanks beef lips for screwing my Wells Coyote body idea up, now every last person on the planet will have one and mine won't be unique when I get it done, some 2 decades from now. :whistle:
y'all take care, I'm out, for now.

Is TamiyaClub dead? 7 years 5 months ago #41681

Nice work you two, you have shown me that TC is both dead and alive, but barely in some regards. I have found very little lately to get excited about on the "front page" as I call it. It was once full of cool looking kits and restores and hand made parts, now it is starting to look a lot like jelly bean cars and such. I know, been a member for some 10 years and you can't keep everyone happy. I use the pictures mostly in my daily check of what is going on. I don't have any way to access the site at work, I have to physically work at my job and I don't get any computer time all day, so it is wrapped up at the end of the day(midnight now) each day. I have known about Tamiya Base and Tamiya 101 for years, but I don't visit them much as they seemed pretty forum based most of the time and my eyes get tired quickly reading lots of words, Chris like pictures, they good, not read so good. LOL I know, I am a PITA, but it is literally what I do, I get so distracted by things....ooooh something shiny, that I guess I might as well be Dory.

I don't know what 2017 holds for me in the Tamiya collecting, rebuilding, restoring, fixing realm, but we shall see. I am not fed up with any of the sites....yet, but sometimes they don't get enough of my attention of they don't hold my attention. I think I will focus on getting a few of my surplus things sold off and into the hands of fellow collectors as I don't like paying eBay to sell things and I like to know that other folks in need/want of the part I might have are getting them without a serious auction going on.

Oh, and thanks beef lips for screwing my Wells Coyote body idea up, now every last person on the planet will have one and mine won't be unique when I get it done, some 2 decades from now. :whistle:
y'all take care, I'm out, for now.

Funny that this was the first thing I saw when I entered here. I wouldn't say dead, I would say micromanaged and tedious. Overall, I am always worried my threads will get pulled for some reason. Honestly, if not for the great people there and the fact that my existence annoys some key folks, I would be out of there. I really have met amazing people there and that is why I will stick around.

Is TamiyaClub dead? 7 years 5 months ago #41682

I tried to get on Tamiyaclub, sent my application, with some blurb about me, got an automated reply, you will hear in approx 24hrs........six days leter I tried to login, using the details already submitted....nothing...

Then I tried logging in, hit the lost password button.....hey presto, a link was e-mailed to me, changed my password through the link and I'm in...wahhoooo.

Is TamiyaClub dead? 7 years 5 months ago #41683

:blink: No matter for me last month.

Is TamiyaClub dead? 7 years 5 months ago #41686

Well I have tried for the last two months and still can't log in
It just says account pending authorisation
I just seem to be going around circles

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.