Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

7.2v NIMH Batteries 12 years 8 months ago #2003

Hi all

just wanted a little input from members. i am replacing my many varied brands of 7.2v NIMH Batteries as they are starting to feel a little tired now and dont charge as well as they used to. this is a totally alien field to me and i have many many different choices of battery packs. do i go branded or unbranded? can anyone tell me of a reasonably priced but good quality battery manufacturer? i have considered the HPI Plasma packs are these any good?

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 7.2v NIMH Batteries 12 years 8 months ago #2004

Hi all

just wanted a little input from members. i am replacing my many varied brands of 7.2v NIMH Batteries as they are starting to feel a little tired now and dont charge as well as they used to. this is a totally alien field to me and i have many many different choices of battery packs. do i go branded or unbranded? can anyone tell me of a reasonably priced but good quality battery manufacturer? i have considered the HPI Plasma packs are these any good?

regards

I'd heartily recommend Vapextech packs - I have several of their 3300 and 3700 mah packs :)
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut

Re: 7.2v NIMH Batteries 12 years 8 months ago #2005

yeah i have looked at these they look good and such great value too! thanks for the advice

Re: 7.2v NIMH Batteries 12 years 8 months ago #2006

decided to give the vapextech batts a trial just ordered a 4300mah for just

Re: 7.2v NIMH Batteries 12 years 8 months ago #2007

I don't think the packs will disappoint you. They should be of a very good quality.
Finally something the Dutch do well in Rc land... ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut

Re: 7.2v NIMH Batteries 12 years 7 months ago #2765

mAh -

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: 7.2v NIMH Batteries 12 years 7 months ago #2767

That is actually quite disturbing. I thought they were cheaper here before. :angry: :sick:
Beats me why they would be twice as expensive in the country they're made!
Or do they just buy them and import them through the UK?
Still that shouldn't make up for the difference either...

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: 7.2v NIMH Batteries 12 years 7 months ago #2954

hy mate

all i know is that dont order 4 form china (3800) they are unbalanced on the cells

i race every sunday and i would recommend the VOLTZ range there batteries are all balanced

and for 30 quid you get a 5300 nimh batt which last 2 races with a 12 turn double in (6 mins per race )

hop ethis helps ;)

Re: 7.2v NIMH Batteries 12 years 7 months ago #2978

Like darc said, I would always go for a good brand battery.
The generic ones being unmatched in capacity will very much shorten their lifespan.
Some brands I consider to be top quality : Sanyo, Turnigy, Lrp, Vapextech...

I can give a few tips for maintenance :

- Conditioning (a cycle of unload and load) now and then will help keep up the health.
- When not used for a longer peroiod, store with at least 50% charged.
- Refresh this load after a while, empty NiMH packs will go defect when not used for a longer period.
- Don't overcharge - best to use a "smart" charger and not a timed one.
- Never uncharge uncontrolled but only up to a minimum of 0.8-0.9V because less voltage can lead to loss of capacity.
- Store in a place that's not too hot, cold (0-30 degrees Celsius) or humid.
- Unplug the battery from any device when not used for a while.

:)

Last edit: by Edou.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.