Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sport Tuned motor scam? 1 year 3 months ago #73690

• SID
  • SID's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
By Tamiya themselfs, or atleast the data they claim for the sport tuned motor.  My TXT-1 has the black can sport tuned motors (genuine) and it lacks the climbing & uphill power compared to the stock 540-J. Funny enough Tamiya claims only 255g-cm of torque for the 540-J but a whopping 350g-cm for the sport tuned motor, yet the 540-J seems to have WAY more torque.

Anyone else with similar experiences about these 2 motors?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sport Tuned motor scam? 1 year 3 months ago #73692

By Tamiya themselfs, or atleast the data they claim for the sport tuned motor.  My TXT-1 has the black can sport tuned motors (genuine) and it lacks the climbing & uphill power compared to the stock 540-J. Funny enough Tamiya claims only 255g-cm of torque for the 540-J but a whopping 350g-cm for the sport tuned motor, yet the 540-J seems to have WAY more torque.

Which model of Sport Tuned? The "old", 27T one with the black can & advanced timing, or the "new" 23T with the silver can?

Both usually give the impression of about 30% more power/speed than a stock silvercan, but if the former, one of them will be running backwards (with retarded timing) so at best +30% -30% = no improvement.

There's also the question of where the peak torque appears in the power curve - if the gearing doesn't suit it, motors can bog down & overheat, never getting to the revs needed for peak torque.

TBH I don't think it's the right sort of motor for such a monster, I've only ever seen one in the flesh & that was a long time ago - I seem to recall 550 size motors & more volts being the way to go?

:)

Sport Tuned motor scam? 1 year 3 months ago #73694

• SID
  • SID's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Read again, i did say black can which is the 27t one. TXT-1 has 2 motors in the center with both running normal, its not like a Clod which has the motors at its axles with one running reverse.  But if the sport tuned motor performed as claimed, it would been an excellent motor for such a monstertruck. But obviously, it doesnt :/

Sport Tuned motor scam? 8 months 2 weeks ago #75968

I had an outstanding experience using llcbase to create my legal LLC. The process was incredibly smooth and efficient. The platform guided me through every step, from choosing a business name to filing the necessary documents. The intuitive interface made it easy to input all the required information accurately. What truly stood out was the personalized support I received. The customer service team was readily available to answer my questions and offer guidance whenever needed. With LLCBase, forming my LLC was stress-free and hassle-free. If you're looking for a reliable and user-friendly way to create your legal LLC, I highly recommend giving LLCBase a try.
Thanks for sharing!

Last edit: by kabuto.

Sport Tuned motor scam? 7 months 2 weeks ago #76500

it isinteresting

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.