Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wanted: help in valuing my Tamiya Porsche 934 turbo rsr a-1201, 58001 6 months 6 days ago #76863

Hello,
first of all, full disclosure. I’ve not posted here before. I generally don’t do forums/social media etc.  and I am aware that scamming goes on but this is a genuine ask for some help/advice. Please take it as such, be kind and if I’m not doing this forum stuff right just politely tell me so!!

anyway, deep breath, here goes….
some years ago I got interested in r/c cars again and have collected rather a lot, I enjoy the (re)building of them more than the running so my study has got rather full of cars, I thought it might be best to sell a few. I’ve advertised my Porsche 934 turbo RSR, on ebay but was unable to find any for sale to get an idea so kind of guessed at the price. It’s priced at £750. Now don’t all shout at me at once if I’m being daft. but is there anyone on here who can give some friendly advice. Have I priced it right, am I being ridiculous (if so, like I say, just tell me so nicely). I’ve also realised that eBay is going to rob me of close to £90 if it sells so i might remove it (I might be way off with my valuation but £90 just for using their sight is daylight robbery!!!).

anyway, im going to upload this now and see how tamiyabase treat a self confessed Luddite. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny c. Reason: Error

Wanted: help in valuing my Tamiya Porsche 934 turbo rsr a-1201, 58001 6 months 6 days ago #76864

Wow, that looks fantastic! It's like anything else vintage really, it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay. I can't find yours on eBay (I'm in the US though) but you can see all the really high priced ones have been sitting unsold for a while. I think it's all about the right person coming along. Some people will want to find one with a box and manual and be painted box art color, others maybe not but will expect to pay less. Some people want a sealed box to never open it, and others are glad it's built and can go directly on display. For me, the conversion is about $911 US and I think it could be worth it if it's as nice as it looks. But only time will tell if someone hits the BIN button. If it sits too long, you might have to change it to Make an Offer.
IG_tamiyaddiction

Wanted: help in valuing my Tamiya Porsche 934 turbo rsr a-1201, 58001 6 months 6 days ago #76865

Thanks for replying….. and having seen your list of cars, maybe I haven’t got too many after all🤣🤣🤣. 

It’s on uk eBay (276109844104), there’s 24(?) pics on there if your feeling nosey👍

I think your advice regards seeing if it sells and allowing offers is a good point. As you say, these things are only worth what someone is willing to pay and I guess it’s a bit of a niche item. Am I doing right by using eBay or are there better options (I know tamiyabase has a selling section but don’t feel it’s right as I’m not known to other users and tick all the warnings at the beginning of the selling section🤣🤣🤣.

Wanted: help in valuing my Tamiya Porsche 934 turbo rsr a-1201, 58001 6 months 6 days ago #76866

For me it's not a crazy price sold with the period radio. 
for ebay fees, they took me up to 13%. 
Try another solution to sale it.
It's an expensive car. Wait to find the good buyer. 
Your model is really nice. 

Wanted: help in valuing my Tamiya Porsche 934 turbo rsr a-1201, 58001 6 months 6 days ago #76867

Thanks for replying….. and having seen your list of cars, maybe I haven’t got too many after all🤣🤣🤣. 

It’s on uk eBay (276109844104), there’s 24(?) pics on there if your feeling nosey👍

I think your advice regards seeing if it sells and allowing offers is a good point. As you say, these things are only worth what someone is willing to pay and I guess it’s a bit of a niche item. Am I doing right by using eBay or are there better options (I know tamiyabase has a selling section but don’t feel it’s right as I’m not known to other users and tick all the warnings at the beginning of the selling section🤣🤣🤣.

Well, you're not wrong, but you've given us some useful info:
Ebay member since 2014 with a great feedback rating over the last year, and activity for several hundred items. That's a pretty good start.
It certainly can't hurt for you to engage in some conversation, and maybe put up a couple/few cheaper items for sale to establish yourself.
I might not be of much help to your cause unless you ship to the US :)

I also need to update my page to add seven more kits to the list, LOL
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Wanted: help in valuing my Tamiya Porsche 934 turbo rsr a-1201, 58001 6 months 5 days ago #76874

Hi, maybe I'm late to the party, but is your listing still online on ebay uk?
I can't find it which may explain why it's not sold.
The price sounds fair to me considering the very nice condition.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Wanted: help in valuing my Tamiya Porsche 934 turbo rsr a-1201, 58001 6 months 5 days ago #76878

Gtodc5- yeah, I think you have a point (and in hindsight probably not the best one to try selling first🙄).
Perhaps I’ll look to advertise a few lower priced items here first then try this one later. Once established on here I expect there will be less risk for me too (eBay has problem buyers etc itself).
Thanks again for the advice👍
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Wanted: help in valuing my Tamiya Porsche 934 turbo rsr a-1201, 58001 6 months 5 days ago #76879

Larbut- it’s still on at the moment but I think, from the advice I’ve had I will remove it, get established on her and sell it later on. 
 It’s eBay UK that it’s on and I’m sure the ad number I put up yesterday was right. Have another try if you want to see the pics🤣🤣🤣 - and thanks for your kind words👍

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.