• Page:

TOPIC:

liquid metal 12 years 6 months ago #3055

• darc
  • darc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
LIQUID METAL

i race my tamiya collection and they are in a1 condition i race in a modern day race track against very modern competion , i would just like to recommend liquid metal ,

example i had to race my black foot ,

it was in a 1 condition buit i know from previous adventures the weak points ,

so i coverd the rear suspension linkage to the wishbones whish always snap wityh liquid metal i did the front steering arm links , and i did fantastic on the course with no breakages .

it can be painted black afterwards and before you ssupect i work for a liquid metal comapany lmao :woohoo: i dont .

i wish i had knew about the stuff when i was 15 years old it would have saved me alot of money on parts .

its the ideal stuff for reinforcement of thoses weak points on are vintage models .

its looks like playdo putty and you rub it together until the blue and grey parts become a differnt colour ( must wera gloves its not good for skin in thi state ) and then you can mold it around or to any thing you like . its tolerance levels are unbeleavble its used in the car idustry and is much stronger than all the glues or epoxey resins .

you can role a little ball of it leave it to the next day and then hit it with a hammer it will remain in shape ,

so bear in mind next time you snap that part do you want to replace or re-inforce .

:evil:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: liquid metal 12 years 6 months ago #3060

polymorph thermoplastic does the same job, but better. its cheaper, has a higher tensile strength, more malleable, plus its reusable

Re: liquid metal 12 years 6 months ago #3091

Can I have a product link so I know what to look for? I seached on "liquid metal" but didn't come up with anything that looked right ...

Re: liquid metal 12 years 6 months ago #3111

• darc
  • darc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
HERE YA GO retro :)

www.halfords.co...55230#dtab

Re: liquid metal 12 years 6 months ago #3115

HERE YA GO retro :)

www.halfords.co...55230#dtab

Thanks muchly :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.