• Page:

TOPIC:

RACE DAY 12 years 6 months ago #3272

• darc
  • darc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
well today was the day i have been waiting all week for RACE DAY :evil:

I got my new re-re avantie last week and arrived earely with my nephew we set up are bench and chairs etc , and sooner peole were commentiong on the avantie a lot like d it but there was alot said it was never any good when it first came out :( but i refrained from tellying them what to do with there rc-10 b4 and remained nice and i got enough good comments to counter act the bad ones ,

i always have always will have tamiya and thats my prefernce but always only me racing them at a proffesional level , so soon as the track was done i wa first one on it very respectable pick up on the vehicle nice responisve steering poor on the straight in comparriosn to the slowerest compertion being a 6 turn brushless , however i was good on the corners but after a couple of laps strange gear box noise :sick:checked the ball diff nice na tight ? was the pionin to close ? adjusted still weird grinding noise , ultimate despaire
retierd it to the boot for full strip down to expensive to be running with strange gear noise ,

so got my trusty Desert gator out , reedy 12 turn double , unlimted speedo , 3 racing front and rear carbon shock towers , sounds good ? not fast enough but holds its own and a tuff car , and the track is very unforgiving some pics below

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: RACE DAY 12 years 6 months ago #3273

Cool pics. B)

Did you find out yet what was wrong with the Avante? :dry:

Re: RACE DAY 12 years 6 months ago #3274

• darc
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Hy edou

not yet matey its near my feet rapped in a towel :woohoo: hehehe like ababy i treat it i my house set on fire i would like grab the dog the avante and run lol ,

i will strip it down completely i am unsure were the nose comes from but i have enough tamiyas to know its bad which you were inthis country mate i drop it off for your opion after seeing your wizzadery with the mantaray steering , it was such a anti climax all week wondering how it would be , i know its totaly insuffecent for the jumps so i take the jumps slow , however i could have got the durago or the darkinpact if i wanted jumps but it does turn heads and emotes
beutifulness i wll keep you updated this week matey , i got a couple cans of beer now and just winding down every sunday is great but long day starts at 10 am ends at 5 pm just wish there was some more peole fighting the tamiya corner there with me B)

Re: RACE DAY 12 years 6 months ago #3276

I think it's one of the most beautiful cars ever. Even if it's broken. ;)
Hope you'll be able to fix it easily...

Re: RACE DAY 12 years 6 months ago #3278

• darc
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
i think your merc on your profile pic is the beutifulest car , and on my wish list , :cheer:

Re: RACE DAY 12 years 6 months ago #3286

Thanks - the second batch of the reissue (with the dark box art) is actually still available here and there. :huh:
The basic kit is also quite affordable and you get a beautifully crafted factory finished body shell with it. :)

Re: RACE DAY 12 years 6 months ago #3307

• darc
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
hy Eduo

completeley stripped it the diffs are fine everything looked fine i even pilshed the alloy knuckles with johnson metal polish :woohoo: gonna get a dremel for christmas so i can polish them more, however i have discoverd that

rear gear covering b3 has marks on inside which can only be caused by center differntial ?

shocking :cry: no damage to the center diff but definately the cause of the noise when racing at club yesterday

checking center differntial as typing but all seems ok :angry:

strange ?

thought mabe i have part pb6 mixed up pushing the diff from the propshaft but pb6 is completely differnt to pb7

if the diff was locked to much this would make the center diff go to close to the casing feasabley? however if to lose it just doesent get power to wheels

any idears matey

thx

Re: RACE DAY 12 years 6 months ago #3317

Tough one to draw conclusions on remotely... but I think the center diff could only be pushed up by two causes.
Either the motor pinion - this would mean there's is not enough slip on the diff (too tight) or the main drive shaft is pushing against it somehow. If the diff were too loose, it would probably just stay in it's place and make revs.

My guess would be there's too much tension. Looks kind of hard to do a manual check on it before assembly... :S

Edit : do the pinion and diff line up well? Could also be a cause... :huh:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: RACE DAY 12 years 6 months ago #3324

• darc
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
tried releasing the presure etc on the diff same still piono an the motor dont see to align up gonna park it on the shelf for a few days and come back to it i figure to remove complete rear gear bocx from chassie and then run with just motor and add a gear at a time to see , will keep you updated

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.