Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UK Customs 12 years 6 months ago #3832

Has anyone got any experience ordering in Tamiya Kits from Hong Kong regarding customs in the UK. I am thinking of getting a Re Release Blitzer Beetle with a little cash thats left over from my Ebay sales lately and have just enough left after ordering my new Avante so dont want to get stung later for customs tax. How does it work and has anyone tried it before? i have ordered spares in the past but never been charged on them but these where only low cost items.

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: UK Customs 12 years 5 months ago #3873

Hi,
There is a good page HERE that will give you the details.

The extract is:

Commercial consignments of

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: UK Customs 12 years 5 months ago #3875

Thanks for the info Lars

I decided to go ahead and order the blitzer beetle last night i have always loved the kit and have a used one but i just had to have the new in box one with it bieng a personal favourite i didnt think they would ever re release it im very happy :)

I am going dizzy with kits at the moment i still have my new in box hotshot to do and i ordered the re release Avante last week so i will be busy. I also picked up a CC01 Toyota landcruiser for a christmas gift as i have never built this chassis before and it looks like a lot of fun. Id like to stop now but i have sweaty palms ever since i saw the Re Re fast attack vehicle....now that chassis does look like a cool build.

You where right about the Asia sellers asking if i wanted the price lowering on the customs forms..it was the first thing they asked me.

Thanks for the response

Re: UK Customs 12 years 5 months ago #3877

He he, sounds like your credit card is taking a beating... be careful :-)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: UK Customs 12 years 5 months ago #3878

Hi lars

No not at all, they have not cost me anything, i sold a lot of old stuff i had in my parents loft when they had a clear out. A lot of old star wars toys etc. Lucky really, i nearly gave them away thinking they where worthless. Ebay is a usefull place for selling collectable stuff :)

Last edit: by tamiya nut.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.