Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

tamiyabase header 12 years 5 months ago #4140

i was wondering, what model is the porche?
i want to get a good road car and that one looks like it would be really good to drive, so what is it?:huh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: tamiyabase header 12 years 5 months ago #4141

I think that one is pretty rare but at least you got good taste. ;)

58002 Porsche 935

Re: tamiyabase header 12 years 5 months ago #4142

cool thanks

Re: tamiyabase header 12 years 5 months ago #4144

If it's a good road car you are looking for and you want it to be vintage then you could look at a TA01.
Considering the first 150 to be vintage (not here on TB though ;)), you could even go for a TA02.
They are 4WD and great on roaders and drifters. They also mange well off road and are very controllable.
The chassis size is universal so you could easily put a Porsche GT3 body on it for example. B)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: tamiyabase header 12 years 5 months ago #4145

You can get the vintage look of the Porsche 935, and the modern handling of a Tamiya Tamtech by getting one of these:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: tamiyabase header 12 years 5 months ago #4146

I'm not sure I'd recommend any of the early cars for actual driving - price, spares availability, poor suspension, wobbly steering etc, etc ...

I don't like any of the M-chassis' (front or RWD), the TL01 is rubbish IMO, the TT01 I suppose is reasonably capable but completely uninspiring, I like the TA chassis, especially the TA03F, but for me the most fun road chassis is the FF, retrospectively renamed the FF01... it had quite a long run & was on quite a few cars:
58127 Castrol Honda Civic VTI,
58133 Jaccs Honda Civic,
58138 Renault Clio Williams,
58143 Ford Mondeo BTCC,
58147 Castrol Nissan Primera JTCC,
58151 Calsonic Nissan Primera JTCC,
58162 Volkswagen Golf VR6,
58183 Volvo 850 BTCC,
58186 PIAA Accord VTEC, &
58190 Honda Jaccs Accord

:) ... though I suppose it does need your idea of fun to be lots of wheelspin & lift off oversteer :D

Edit - whoops, forgot where you were - I guess wussy little front drive cars won't be your bag at all ;)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.