Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

fastest tamiya 13 years 2 months ago #644

• Adrianw
  • Adrianw's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
This has probably been asked before,but which is the fastest off road rc car?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: fastest tamiya 13 years 2 months ago #645

Actually, I don't think I've seen that question before? :)
Are you thinking for the first 100 Tamiya RC's only, or any offroad RC model?

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: fastest tamiya 13 years 2 months ago #650

• Adrianw
  • Adrianw's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Sorry lars should have specified,only interested in the 80's lot.I may be upsetting a few people on here but the new ones just don't do it for me.

Re: fastest tamiya 13 years 2 months ago #652

HI!... My choices would be either the BIGWIG or Porsche 959. Both had the TECHNIGOLD motors and were capable of using the new at the time 8.4 volt batteries.

Re: fastest tamiya 13 years 2 months ago #662

HI!... My choices would be either the BIGWIG or Porsche 959. Both had the TECHNIGOLD motors and were capable of using the new at the time 8.4 volt batteries.

The 959 will not fit a 8,4V battery. The chassis is just not wide enough :cheer:

Regarding speed:
It would be interresting to se the BigWig agians the Avante. I think the Avante might outperform the Bigwig due to weight.

Also the Egress and Astute are strong contendors for this title, equipped with Dynatech 02H motors.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: fastest tamiya 13 years 2 months ago #666

HI!... The 959 will fit a 8.4 volt battery buy you have to modify the battery and the chassis. A buddy of mine did it on his 959 back in the day and it kept up with my modded BIGWIG with a 9.6 volt battery. Ya we didn't leave anything stock back in the day.:P But your right, in stock form the 959 will only fit a 7.2 volt battery. I just kept remembering back. :lol:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.