Keyword

Poll: Body clips - do you care? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Must be _period_ black Tamiya
2 13.3%
Must be black Tamiya
4 26.7%
Black Tamiya for Shelfers, don't care for runners
8 53.3%
Don't care at all
1 6.7%
Total number of voters: 15 ( AndyAus, bajaboy5b, Hibernaculum, THE H.P FREAK, willow088 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Body clips - do you care? 12 years 1 month ago #8154

just curious if anyone cares about what type of bodyclip goes on their cars - me, I'm not that fussy - in general I try to use the black finished Tamiya clips for display cars (I don't care about what vintage the clips are), but on a runner I'll use any set of generic silver clips that match fairly well :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Body clips - do you care? 12 years 1 month ago #8155

i use small stainless steel clips as used on motorcycles. look cool and dont rust

Re: Body clips - do you care? 12 years 1 month ago #8161

I just use whatever for runners, bits of wire, tape, bailer twine... it's a to car & it doesn't matter, they get lost sooner or later & they're pence to buy. BUT if the car's supposed to be a good representation of a model (ie a shelfer or something you plan to sell to a collector) then the proper thing is the only way to go - why bother with original parts, decals, tyres etc if you're just gonna bung any old clips on? Depends how much of the rest of the car's original & what you plan to do with it I suppose

Re: Body clips - do you care? 12 years 1 month ago #8164

I am picky with them, even though there is no rationality for that...
Even dislike the fact that the bigger ones don't come in left and right. :lol:

Attachments:

Re: Body clips - do you care? 12 years 1 month ago #8165

i use the ones in the lower right of Edous picture. if you want to be really fussy when using the larger ones you can get heat shrink small enough to fit them. then you can colour code them as you wish.
you may need to enlarge the holes slightly on the body for them to fit, or you just cut away the heat shrink on the long leg of the clip and once it is fitted just add the extra bit on the end, then it looks good and would stop the clips from falling out when the car is used

Re: Body clips - do you care? 12 years 1 month ago #8166

I dont like them at all :sick: , rather use velcro or magnets

with

without

Re: Body clips - do you care? 12 years 1 month ago #8167

That could actually be a good idea for your Humvee shell. :y:
I won't have to make any extra holes then to heighten it a bit...

Re: Body clips - do you care? 12 years 1 month ago #8174

I believe in three types of kits.
- I) All Original Shelfers, the Period correct Black Original Tamiya Clips
- II) Custom Shelfers, The Black Tamiya or what's best "Appearance"
- III) Runners/Bashers, What WORKS BEST, no breakage, Sturdy, Performance, CHEAP!!!

Ultimately I build for two reasons, COLLECT, then I prefer Era correct Tamiya. But why did we get into r/c in the first place? BANG 'EM Boys & Girls! So performance is best then. If you had Cindy Crawford sitting on the mantle, would you just look? Uh huh? Go ahead, tel the truthy. She wouldn't get dusty, now, would she?

Re: Body clips - do you care? 12 years 1 month ago #8180

Love the FJs Waterbok! They're fantastic! Where did the shells come from?
I prefer the big clips cos I can get hold of them with my stubby fingers, so that's what I usually use on my runners. Recently I've also tried those small clips with the rubber tabs on them, they work well too.
Edou, as we already know, I wouldn't know the difference between left & right hand clips.... For you, an option might be to learn to make them yourself, then you could hand them to your heart's desire!

Re: Body clips - do you care? 12 years 1 month ago #8183

There isn't really such a thing as clips for left or right of course... :huh:
It's just that the small ones are symmetric and the larger ones are not.
So they don't look even when you put 'em on...
I know it's not a big deal but it disrupts the car's Feng Shui a bit. :lol:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.