Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Two manual Speed Controls 11 years 7 months ago #13135

I bought these two last week and was hoping to ID them better as I may be selling them to fund some Bigwig Parts :) Both are new although one has had the bullet connectors trimmed off.
The first one shows up on ebay, listed as an SRB setup. Doing some homework, I don't see it in any SRB pics. It does seem to show up in an occasion Sand Scorcher gallery.

The next, I'm not 100% but it seems to only come up as Racing Speed Controller. Was it a Hop-up only?

thanks in advance fellas!

RJ
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TOZROVR.

Re: Two manual Speed Controls 11 years 7 months ago #13138

Cool think I got the racing one.

no idea that was a tamiya piece. :woohoo:

can you make scans of the manuals and the box art ? :y:

edit: just hat a look at ebay there is one NIB for 200$ :S

Last edit: by waterbok. Reason: wow

Re: Two manual Speed Controls 11 years 7 months ago #13140

The "Racing" one is standard equipment in the Super Champ, not sure what else ...

The other one is standard equipment in the Cheetah, again I'm not sure else what it was in, but it wasn't standard fit for the Sand Scorcher. If that's the one "missing" its bullet connectors, then they're probably not missing at all - it didn't have bullet connectors or a battery connector (at least in the Cheetah kit).

:)

Re: Two manual Speed Controls 11 years 7 months ago #13141

The variable resistor type (Like Cheetah one) was also fitted in the early 1/12 cars (eg Celica LB, F2) & of course Holiday Buggy & Sand Rover. You have to keep them clean to avoid radio interference (With 27am radio), dodgy power delivery & fire. Correct adjustment for complete stop & flat-out is crucial to avoid damage. They can get very hot during use, using low speeds or braking, in fact anything other than flat-out driving. Using one in an enclosed space, eg a SRB radio box is an extremely bad idea, & will lead to servo tape coming unstuck, related short circuits & aforementioned fire.... been there, done that!

I think I've seen the other as standard equipment in the Newman Porsche or similar?
Other than that isn't it usually listed as a racing hop-up?

Re: Two manual Speed Controls 11 years 7 months ago #13142

Great info guys! Thanks!

yeah I think the Ebay price is likely a bit steep. We'll see where it closes :)

Re: Two manual Speed Controls 11 years 7 months ago #13336

The "Racing" one is standard equipment in the Super Champ, not sure what else ...

The other one is standard equipment in the Cheetah, again I'm not sure else what it was in, but it wasn't standard fit for the Sand Scorcher. If that's the one "missing" its bullet connectors, then they're probably not missing at all - it didn't have bullet connectors or a battery connector (at least in the Cheetah kit).

:)

Yeah, the "other" is the one with no connectors and it does look unused. No marking at all on the resistor etc.

Even the the ball stud etc are all immaculate.

Re: Two manual Speed Controls 11 years 7 months ago #13345

That's definiately not for a Holiday Buggy/Sand Rover - they have a different fixing bracket so they can be screwed through the floor of the tub in those cars.... I guess that set was meant as a replacement for the cars it's a standard fit for (Cheetah, probably others) & an upgrade for other cars with a 2-step MSC that fits in the same way (XR311, & again probably others).

As such (and being boxed & complete) I think it does have some value - it's just hard to say how much ... 30 USD maybe?

Re: Two manual Speed Controls 11 years 7 months ago #13363

Looks like the Racing Speed Controller that was at a $200 Buy It now, Sold, but for $75 (FAR more reasonable number). Now that I know where to dig I see the other type ending anywhere around $35-$50 Dollars.

Frankly I like the idea of hanging onto them until maybe someone here has a use for one and bartering (like for a set of tires for my bigwig for instance ;) ;) ) Instead of flooding the market or fostering high high prices they would have the potential to go where they're needed. :) but then again, selling them frees up the cash for new builds :)

Last edit: by TOZROVR.

Re: Two manual Speed Controls 11 years 7 months ago #13436

Well spotted Jonny! I'd never noticed the Holiday buggy one was different!
In that case, I'll say it was definately fitted to the Celica LB & F2 etc 1/12 cars, as the large tab is intended for servo tape fixing to the servo.

Didn't know the XR311 had a different MSC to the Cheetah either, had a bit of a sheltered life really...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.