Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2 junk shop finds. Help with id please! 11 years 5 months ago #15167

Hey,
I bought these 2 cars from a local junk shop knowing they looked very old but most of all just loving them, having had a look around and believe one to be a Tamiya Lamborgini Cheetah and the other possibly a Lectricar MRL 17
I wanted first of all to share them to any collectors who might appreciate the pics, but also to get them confirmed as to what they are
I'm most pleased with my find and am almost hoping they aren't worth anything so I don't have to sell them, but are they collect able?
Many thanks in advance for any help given!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2 junk shop finds. Help with id please! 11 years 5 months ago #15169

nope not worth anything, you should give them away, want our adresses. ;)

think some of us here on TB can tell you more on value, but hey if you like them who cares keep them and enjoy.

:y:

and welcome btw.

Re: 2 junk shop finds. Help with id please! 11 years 5 months ago #15170

1st is definately Tamiya Lamborghini Cheetah. Rare & sought after in other parts of the world, but here in the UK there's not a huge amount of interest in them. "Nice" examples with period radio & original box etc can sometimes clear 100-120gbp, but anything tatty/incomplete will make less than 50gbp, depending on what's good & what's not (ie usually bought for spare parts). "Important" bits are a good shell, good tyres & most importantly good torsion bars (Suspension spring rod things underneath). Torsion bars are weak, always broken & hence rare & expensive IF you can find them. The main body isn't worth much on its own, but if it's relatively undamaged & has all the twiddly detail bits, they can make sensible money. The twiddly body detail bits will make more than the bare body on their own.

There's one in my gallery if you have a look, and Jonny's Cheetah Wreck resto is well worth a look, especially if you intend to restore it

The XR311 version was it's predecessor.
Personally I like them, they can be interesting & sometimes challenging to restore, & you'll get more out of it doing that than selling it!

As for the other one... dunno is the short answer! Looks interesting though, especially the speed controller. Find out more about it, I bet it's a lot older than the Cheetah

2 junk shop finds. Help with id please! 11 years 5 months ago #15176

Looks like the second one is a MkII Lectricar from '76 or so. There's one on the bay right now going for

Re: 2 junk shop finds. Help with id please! 11 years 5 months ago #15182

Welcome, newbee. Hope you'll get into restoring them. :y:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.