Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Battery shrink tubing/end caps???????? 11 years 5 months ago #15965

HI!... Hey guys I'm working on a bunch of custom old style "Dummy" NiCd battery packs for my shelf queens. Anyone now a good source to get the large battery cell shrink tubing and especially I need the plastic end caps like in the pic below.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Battery shrink tubing/end caps???????? 11 years 5 months ago #15984

I have some ones if you want...

Re: Battery shrink tubing/end caps???????? 11 years 5 months ago #15985

I have ends of pack cells.
In My first packs cells are in other side and directly tub shrinked

Re: Battery shrink tubing/end caps???????? 11 years 5 months ago #15989

HI!... Sure that would be great, but I need to find a source for them that's cheap. I need to make about 45 of these dummy batteries. lol!

Re: Battery shrink tubing/end caps???????? 11 years 5 months ago #15991

Hey There ^^

Here take a look ;)
Battery Caps

Here is another one ^^:
Shrink Tube (sub-c) Yellow

Did you have a "hotair-gun" or a hairconditioner ?
Onroad Pack: TL-01 Ford F-150 SVT /\ TA01 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO /\ TA03F Mitsubishi Evolution 4 (Rally) /\ TT-01 2003 Calsonic GT-R /\ TA02 (blue version) Calsonic R-33 GTR /\TA03F '99 Calsonic GT-R /\ GM TC4 '99 Skyline GT-R (roller) /\ TA02 Blitz Toyota Supra (Drift)(almost done) /\ FF02 Toyota Celica (W.i.P) /\ GP Racetruck (schaltgetribe 2 Gang+R W.i.P.) /\ Ownbuild Supra (FH Layout W.i.P.)

Offroad : Nikko Thor (Monstertruck) /\ TL-01B Baja King /\ Hitomi (Own Construcktion Scaler W.i.P) /\ AS-01 (reely version of TL-01B) Cross Tiger (actual just RWD) /\ P-440XL Reely Iron Breaker

Last edit: by NexusRC81.

Re: Battery shrink tubing/end caps???????? 11 years 5 months ago #15993

HI!... cool, thanks for the links. Is there a English version of that site?

Re: Battery shrink tubing/end caps???????? 11 years 5 months ago #15994

uhm well i dont know, i dont see a button to change language...
Onroad Pack: TL-01 Ford F-150 SVT /\ TA01 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO /\ TA03F Mitsubishi Evolution 4 (Rally) /\ TT-01 2003 Calsonic GT-R /\ TA02 (blue version) Calsonic R-33 GTR /\TA03F '99 Calsonic GT-R /\ GM TC4 '99 Skyline GT-R (roller) /\ TA02 Blitz Toyota Supra (Drift)(almost done) /\ FF02 Toyota Celica (W.i.P) /\ GP Racetruck (schaltgetribe 2 Gang+R W.i.P.) /\ Ownbuild Supra (FH Layout W.i.P.)

Offroad : Nikko Thor (Monstertruck) /\ TL-01B Baja King /\ Hitomi (Own Construcktion Scaler W.i.P) /\ AS-01 (reely version of TL-01B) Cross Tiger (actual just RWD) /\ P-440XL Reely Iron Breaker

Re: Battery shrink tubing/end caps???????? 11 years 5 months ago #15995

Take a look at www.conrad.com ^____^

Re: Battery shrink tubing/end caps???????? 11 years 5 months ago #16048

Yep, that's where I got mine. I didn't plug the store 'cause I don't think they ship abroad though...
Also - be careful with the heatshrinking because they are quite thin and vulnerable to the heat.

Re: Battery shrink tubing/end caps???????? 11 years 5 months ago #16092

Ebay or electrical suppliers for heatshrink.

Things to watch -
Size: too big won't shrink far enough, too small & you won't be able to fit it. I usually wrap a bit of string around the pack once (At its widest point) then measure the length of that bit of string. This length is the circumferential length of an equivalent circle, diameter of which is C/pi. Add 5-10mm to this to give the required heatshrink diameter.
Length: remember the stuff shrinks, so add say 30mm at least to the pack length when buying/cutting.
Thickness & required heat: Heatshrink can be various types of material &/or thicknesses, & will require varying amounts of heat to shrink it depending on what material. Some materials (eg PVC) require so much heat that it can damage the cells, especially NimH & Lipo/Li-ion. If you use thicker heatshrink, you run the risk of the pack not fitting the hole in the car where it's supposed to go. & it'll be heavier...
I use polyoleofin as it's thin & doesn't require much heat to shrink.
Way to shrink: Hot air is the best way, use a heat gun (Or hot air paint stripper) if you can - it's far cleaner & safer & does a far better job than lighters, blowlamps, ovens etc. Move the heat source only as close to the batteries as you need to get the sleeve to shrink, & keep it moving to prevent localised overheating &/or wrinkles etc. Remember, you don't want to get the cells any hotter than you have to

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.