Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Various RC car dampers 11 years 2 months ago #19025

I had wondered if Tamiya & others were buying in dampers from another company at the time, like they do with motors, bearings, fasteners etc. Wouldn't surprise me if their MSCs are too (The odd chamfer on the side is a giveaway, what's it for? Wonder who makes them & what they actually belong to)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Various RC car dampers 11 years 2 months ago #19027

I had wondered if Tamiya & others were buying in dampers from another company at the time, like they do with motors, bearings, fasteners etc. Wouldn't surprise me if their MSCs are too (The odd chamfer on the side is a giveaway, what's it for? Wonder who makes them & what they actually belong to)

The Schumacher Wildcat I had used the generic 3 step wiper type MSC too :)

Various RC car dampers 11 years 2 months ago #19032

Bet it originated from a 1:1 car heater or desk fan or something like that, 50s dong perhaps?

Various RC car dampers 11 years 2 months ago #19041

Other alternatives for picture 7:
The shock on the left looks like one for Kyosho Progress/Gallop.
The shocks on the right looks exactly like a pair of rear shocks for the Marui Samurai.

A couple of links for reference (in Japanese and French): Progress and Samurai

Interesting how similar these shocks are :)

Thanks for the links. Yes, those are VERY similar, even down to the dual rate springs on the back - I even have the right number (I assumed that there should be four shocks in a set, but that front one is a monoshock). I reckon you've hit it on the head!

Various RC car dampers 11 years 1 month ago #19459

Does anyone know what these little dampers are to?
Approx 57mm eye to eye.

Last edit: by shawn67mustang. Reason: spelling.

Various RC car dampers 11 years 1 month ago #19473

Number 7 look very similar to a spare set of marui galaxy shocks i have.....slightly different but certainly look like marui to me maybe from another model

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.