Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage SRB dampers 11 years 2 months ago #18867

These are the dampers that were fitted to my Sand Scorcher. I can't remember where I got them, but I know they are 1980's. They are very similar to the SRB, but not exactly the same I think.
Could they be some period hop-up? Team CRP maybe?

For example the body of the damper has the top eye machined into it. I think the original SRB dampers had a separate brass eye on the top - am I right?
Or are they just original SRB dampers with some aftermarket coil-over conversion?

I thought I might be able to use the coil-overs on some re-re dampers, but the body is a slightly smaller diameter.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Vintage SRB dampers 11 years 2 months ago #18876

The ally bottoms, brass cap, shaft & internals look identical to vintage SRB to me.
It could be someone did a "mix-n-match" with damper bits as an "improvement" over standard SRB suspension. (& yes, SRB dampers usually have a brass top eye).
Another thing that crossed my mind was it might be that Tamiya bought-in the dampers for the SRB & other toy car manufacturers may have been using the same unit. Of course, there's always been a lot of "copying good ideas" going on, so it's just as likely one of Tamiya's competitors got hold of the bits & made their own version of the items

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.