Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

More wheels and tyres 11 years 1 month ago #20051

I'm a bit of a sucker for wheels and tyres, so I took a punt on this lot:

I can see a set of FAV Sand Blaster tyres and front wheels (hope they're in good nick) and Holiday Buggy rear wheels. I think the paddle tyres in the middle are AYK and the smooth fronts next to them say Dynamite Racing.
Any idea what the five spoke wheels are?
The knobblies with the square blocks are (I think) Mardave Apache, but that about the wheels?
I'll post more pics when they arrive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More wheels and tyres 11 years 1 month ago #20053

Tyres on the far right look like Willy's wheeler fronts; the tyres in the back row, 3rd from the right look like Willy's wheeler rears (although not on the right rims) ... assuming they are in good order, I'd say they're worth 30 quid on their own :blink:

More wheels and tyres 11 years 1 month ago #20056

I'd say they're worth 30 quid on their own :blink:

:woohoo: Can't wait until they get here then!

I reckon the 5 spoke wheels are Kyosho Optima

More wheels and tyres 11 years 1 month ago #20096

Even more wheels... :blush:

I'm not addicted, honest. I could give up any time I want, really I could... :unsure:

Mardave this time. From left to right: Marauder (for rubber tyres), Meteor, Stockmaster(?) and V12/Mini

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

More wheels and tyres 11 years 1 month ago #20173

The first lot have arrived. The "Willy's Wheeler" tyres have "Advan HF 205/50 VR 15" and "Advan HF 265/40 VR 15" on the sidewalls. This mean anything to you lot?
They have an assymetric tread and are in not bad nick, except for a bit of glue.
The wheel dia is about 1.7 inch.
Fronts are 33mm wide and rears are 40mm wide.
Pictures to follow.

More wheels and tyres 11 years 1 month ago #20174

The first lot have arrived. The "Willy's Wheeler" tyres have "Advan HF 205/50 VR 15" and "Advan HF 265/40 VR 15" on the sidewalls. This mean anything to you lot?
They have an assymetric tread and are in not bad nick, except for a bit of glue.
The wheel dia is about 1.7 inch.
Fronts are 33mm wide and rears are 40mm wide.
Pictures to follow.

Yep, they are definitely Wheeler tyres :)

More wheels and tyres 11 years 1 month ago #20176

:y:
After a quick scrub:

Attachments:

More wheels and tyres 11 years 1 month ago #20177

The paddle tyres are from an AYK566B Super Trail buggy. I am guessing these are also rare, but probably not valuable.

Couple of splits:

Attachments:

More wheels and tyres 11 years 1 month ago #20178

They look pretty good :y: ... if you have even the slightest thought about having a Wheeler at some point I'd squirrel them away, as they're already rare & are only going to become more so, if not, I'd slap them on eBay :)

edit - the wheeler tyres I mean ... not sure about the others, but if you can posively identify them & post good/honest pics when it comes to selling them, you never know - the splits are nasty, but there's a lot of tread there :)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

More wheels and tyres 11 years 1 month ago #20179

While I would love to have a Willy of my own to play with, I think they will be going on eBay :P

Edit: :blink:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.