Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Black Porsche boot lid 5 years 9 months ago #50621

So here's a question with a very limited audience ha!

So I got this part in a used 935 body set I got from Japan. Interestingly and as a bonus in the box I got 2 new green original 934 lenses, some used Spurs and this black boot lid.

Now the question is, is it an original black boot lid or are these literally indistinguishable from the rere. It does seem almost impossible that there would be one of these missing from a black Porsche, but then again not really right....

I plan to somehow poke at the minute details with all your help. And yes, already spoke to Lars in the background haha, not shared the pictures yet so here they are.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Black Porsche boot lid 5 years 9 months ago #50631

Well now that's really hard to guess at.
The reissue has the exact same 934 shell as all the originals, all the static ones, the green ones, the orange ones etc. they all come out of the same mould. I am currently looking at the green parts tree from a vintage body set I have and all the tooling marks are the same as yours, but then again so is the with one in a static kit I have on the shelf too. Its all the same parts....... but my theory is it's vintage.:)
2 reasons, first the sloppy cut turbo decal on it indicates it was built by someone who was going to drive it and not build it for the display shelf and back in the day the black kit really wasn't as big a deal as it is now... it was just the black one and they got built and driven and broken. Second reason is how many of us bought the reissue black kit and then how many have built it? I seriously doubt any of the new ones have been built and driven and smashed... they are all resting happily on display shelves built or still in the box because of there apparent collectability.
Just my guess of course, its a nice score, I think you should build a small plinth to display it on, perhaps one of the rotating ones with a tiny spot light too ;) ;)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by oldwilly.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.