Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What Model Body? Grass? 12 years 1 month ago #8314

I Purchased a "older" Grasshopper basher. Planning Proj 4 it. I want to do either "all original" design, or a completely "Out there" modified. But I have never known of a Grasshopper with this exact design/cut of the rear wing/spoiler. All I've seen are "straight". This has a "contour" to it. Does anyone konw if "FOR A FACT" it is a grasshopper body, if so, when was this EXACT design used/issued/etc.? Do I have an "one of a kind"? It definately is not "modified". The "injection molded seam" is present and runs along the rear of the body exactly the same as the contour (pix too fuzzy to show seam, sorry). Third pix is of original design i robbed off someone else's forum (apologize for piratesy :whistle: ).
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What Model Body? Grass? 12 years 1 month ago #8316

It's just a regular Grasshopper body that's broken during use, someone's chopped it back to the nearest contour line, rather than repair it :silly:

Re: What Model Body? Grass? 12 years 1 month ago #8318

yep, its just a modified hopper body. looks quite cool :y:

Re: What Model Body? Grass? 12 years 1 month ago #8319

AHH! COME ON GUYS! I thought I had that "only released for one year, and only in Shri Lanka, only made 17 of them, only 2 known to still exist and you can sell that one for 1 billllllion dollars!" You busted my dreams!!!! LOL Thanks for the info. I looked again and I am sure you are right. :cry: Who ever cut it off did a nice job of it. No saw marks, sanding grooves, etc. I guess I'll just use it for that wild custom project. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again (dream-crashers! :P Bird

Re: What Model Body? Grass? 12 years 1 month ago #8320

they sure did a good job, but anything is doable if you have the skills.
take a LONG look at my thread hopping up a vintage grasshopper for some tips and ideas :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.