Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

unknown wheels 12 years 1 month ago #8446

• jnail
  • jnail's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
I got these with my frog that i bought off of ebay. Anyone know what they are from?

They are in very mediocre shape, but would be fine for bashing if anyone needs them, I would trade for pretty much any frog/brat parts
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: unknown wheels 12 years 1 month ago #8566

Hi-

They appear to be Tamiya Hotshot wheels mounted on Frog or Hornet type tires.

Anthony
Attachments:

Last edit: by 1970Corvette. Reason: added pic

Re: unknown wheels 12 years 1 month ago #8570

Nope, definately not Hotshot, the holes are wrong, as are the driving dogs on the back. I suspect they might be off some sort of Tamiya copy buggy

Re: unknown wheels 12 years 1 month ago #8573

Nope, definately not Hotshot, the holes are wrong, as are the driving dogs on the back. I suspect they might be off some sort of Tamiya copy buggy

I agree, not Hotshot, and not Tamiya.
But what is it??
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: unknown wheels 12 years 1 month ago #8576

Just a thought, but are you sure it's definately a Tamiya Frog & not some sort of copy of one? The driving dogs on the backs of those wheels are identical to what Tamiya use to engage with the wheel adaptors on the original Frog & Grasshopper etc, so they've obviously been made to either fit Tamiya cars, or maybe the whole car's a Frog copy & the wheels actually belong to it. What I'm trying to say is that a lot of effort has gone into producing that type driving dog to only retro-fit a few Tamiya cars, so I think it's more likely the car is a copy with slight cosmetic changes (ie the wheel front pattern) to get around copyright. Most of the toy 'lookalike' cars have their wheels permanently fixed to the shafts, or cheaper hex or square drives, suggesting again that whatever these wheels came from was a copy of one of the Tamiya cars that uses that type of drive, ie Frog, Grasshopper, Holiday Buggy, SRB, Brat etc

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.