Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi there guys! 11 years 11 months ago #10089

Hi there how are we?

I'm Griffo 24 from the UK I came across this site just whilst on the lookout for a Tamiya 58055 Boomerang manual.

I picked up the Boomerang yesterday from a neighbour who had it just lieing about and asked if I wanted it. Obviously I said yes lol!

Don't know hardly anything about it, I'm quite a newbie to RC in all honesty and already have a Tamiya TT01-D which ive only recently started using again. I managed to identify last night that this is also an original Boomerang and not a re-release which I love the idea of :D It's not in the best of conditions but a minor restore should have it looking good :) It's still fully working however! Also came with the original Acoms transmitter gear too! Havent had a proper look around it yet so unsure of the motor but it's not the stock item as thats a spare in the bag the car came in!

Shall get a pic up later for anybody who is interested :) I look forward to having a good nosey around the site!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hi there guys! 11 years 11 months ago #10090

Welcome on board, griffo20022. :)
That Boomerang is a nice score, especially when it's an original! B)
Definitely interested in some pics of it... :y:

Re: Hi there guys! 11 years 11 months ago #10101

welcome griffo
you will always have answers and help if you need

Re: Hi there guys! 11 years 11 months ago #10106

Welcome on board griffo :)

I'm a bit of a Acoms fanboy myself - check this out - your 'Rang "should" have a mk.3 Techniplus set (dark grey case, lighter grey around the sticks), or a mk.4 Technidrive (sort of brown case, "chrome" painted rings around the sticks) if the owner was posh ;) ... although depending on when it was bought & if old gear was used, it could be a mk.2 (green) or mk.2 (chrome) :)
The following user(s) Liked this: griffo20022

Re: Hi there guys! 11 years 11 months ago #10114

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Thanks Stingray, no doubt I will be hounding you guys alot for info haha!

As for the "Rang" JR It's a MK3 bud, so no posh owner unfortunately haha! :(

Heres a quick pic of the car...

Really looking forward to giving it a bit of a strip down and a clean up, Only problem I have noticed so far is the battery flap hooks on the front have broke, theres still enough hook there to hold it in place but the pin that goes through will not hold. Another thing I have noticed is when your turning two wheels together (to drive the whole drivetrain) it's a very lumpy quite stiff movement, is this normal? Or is this a sign of worn gearboxes etc.??

Last edit: by griffo20022.

Re: Hi there guys! 11 years 11 months ago #10118

Could also be resistence generated by turning the motor as the same time...
Maybe see what it feels like without. :y:
Good looking B-Rang! B)

Re: Hi there guys! 11 years 11 months ago #10119

If it's "lumpy" with the wheels "Steered" to one side or another, it's normal (Driveshafts catching in the cups), but if it's doing it with the front wheels straight, you need to be looking for a bent driveshaft, or dislodged driveshaft pins, a bent front-back prop shaft, or most likely the motor pinion isn't set right on the motor shaft & its grubscrew is catching the gears (Check this first, seeing as someone has replaced the motor). fine grit in a gear tooth can also cause it

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.