• Page:

TOPIC:

Hi there 11 years 10 months ago #10460

• Si06
  • Si06's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Hello guys

I have been a Tamiya nut ever since i got a secondhand Sand Scorcher on my 10th birthday wich i still have to this day (its a mess but restoreable).

My first new Tamiya car was the Hotshot 2 wich i sold as a kid :(

Now i find my self being a dad and my son has just turned 10 so i bought him a TT01 with a dodge viper body shell but as you can imagine i got the bug again pretty fast.

So my firt project is to build two Hotshot 2's one is going to be for fun (modded) the other is going to be a static display i was really lucky in finding 2 orignal body shell's in a local shop that i got for a amazing price 50 quid for the two so now im sourcing the parts for the cars to be built.

I have all the main plastic parts its the small fiddly stuff im having a hard time with so thats why i joind this site for help in parts and ideas.

I havent forgotten about the Sand Scorcher but it will have to wait till the Hotshot 2's are done

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Si06.

Re: Hi there 11 years 10 months ago #10461

Welcome on board, Si :)

Re: Hi there 11 years 10 months ago #10462

Welcome! Very iconic, the Hotshot. And the Sand Scorcher as well. Great cars. B)
Fire away when you're looking for info. :y:

Re: Hi there 11 years 10 months ago #10469

Welcome to TamiyaBase!
I like the Hotshot 2 very much as well. It was one of the first models I restored , back in 2006 (omg, time flies!)

Good luck with the restoration, and keep us updated here in the Forums B)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Hi there 11 years 10 months ago #10470

• Si06
  • Si06's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Yea will do i have just found the hotshot 2 manual in pdf on this site very handy now i can find the rest of the parts i need its the drive parts im having a nightmare with the prop and dogbone shafts i seem to remember the was a hop up universal cv shaft for the Hotshot 2 once i may look into that for the modded one as i said one will be pure Orignal the other will be modded for fun.

And yea i loved my orignal hotshot 2 pity i sold it but i seem to remember the tub cracking at the front where the bumper plate attaches to it it was cracked there at the time and after it being on its 3rd tub i sold it :(

Last edit: by Si06.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.