Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi All I'm Alan 13 years 6 months ago #121

I'm starting to restoring my Super Champ. What I've discovered is the rear damper has now sprung a leak where the piston meets the damper body. Does anyone of you know how to repair this. I know that to buy a replacement is now not existance.

Also, I have problem locating a replacement bumper for it, Does Tamiya still manufacture this bumper? This bumper is the same as the one used in the "SAND SCORCHER".

Regards
Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hi All I'm Alan 13 years 6 months ago #146

Tamiya do make new bumpers (black though, not the original grey) which are on the re-release Sand Scorcher. I'm new to tamiyabase but i hope this helps.
badgerlee

Re: Hi All I'm Alan 13 years 6 months ago #148

alanlouie wrote:

I'm starting to restoring my Super Champ. What I've discovered is the rear damper has now sprung a leak where the piston meets the damper body. Does anyone of you know how to repair this. I know that to buy a replacement is now not existance.

Also, I have problem locating a replacement bumper for it, Does Tamiya still manufacture this bumper? This bumper is the same as the one used in the "SAND SCORCHER".

Regards
Alan

Hi Alan,
The Super Champ rear damper does unfortunately come as one piece, without replaceable seals. But, you can tell Tamiya knew it was going to leak because of the bottle of oil feeding the damper at all times, to keep up with the leaking :lol:

Anyway, you might get luck to find a new one on ebay.com, keep an eye out there.

Regarding bumper; Badgerlee is correct. The new Buggy Champ have the same bumper as the old Super Champ (and Sand Scorcher, Rough Rider, Sand Rover, Holiday Buggy and Ranger XLT..) Again www.ebay.com is your friend. ;)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Hi All I'm Alan 13 years 6 months ago #154

Hi Lars

Thanks for the valuable info regaring the rear damper, I was hopeing there is a way to stop the leak as to keep topping up damper fluid is quite expensive.

I'll keep an eye out on ebay to see if there is any parts availble for it

regards
Alan

Re: Hi All I'm Alan 13 years 6 months ago #155

Hi Badgerlee

I'm new to this site too. thanks for the info, I hope the importer in Australia will carry this as parts. :)

Regards
Alan

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.