Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: first time vintage guy 11 years 6 months ago #14443

first thought the body was a 58174 Street Devil

As did I! :silly:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: first time vintage guy 11 years 6 months ago #14446

Hi Rob, in the UK the Super Champ doesn't seem to be as popular as the other SRBs - Usually the Sand Scorcher or Ranger make the most money, 3rd & 4th places usually go to Rough Rider & Super Champ, depending on how original they are, which version (Earliest ones make the most), what condition they're in, & whether or not they come with the original box. SRB chassis cars with damage or mods & no box etc usually make around 60-80gbp, depending on who's looking, what time of day, what day & whether or not the car has something "interesting" about it.
If I spotted yours on Ebay UK on a Sunday night, & there was also a Sand Scorcher ending soon, I'd expect yours to fetch 65gbp. If yours was the only SRB ending that Sunday night, it would make nearer the 80gbp mark.
Of course, this is only guestimating, there's been some strange bidding antics recently on Ebay UK, & I wouldn't be surprised if it made more or less.

The "mods" are more likely to go against it price-wise, as it's the collectors that pay the better money for toy cars, & they like originality, completeness & lack of damage. However, there are a few people out there who will pay over the odds for something just because it's a variation on the theme, & done nicely. Clean it & tidy it up before listing "As is" I say - you're likely to spend more than it's worth trying to get it back to original spec.

Other option would be go all-out turning it into a really nice all-original example, then put it in your shop window as a "point of interest" to encourage people to come in & look around - have it make some money for you that way. You never know, someone might come in & make you a really silly offer for it!
The following user(s) Liked this: robsextremerc

Re: first time vintage guy 11 years 6 months ago #14457

I think a nib body set could cost between $200-250. Wheels and tires is the easy one with Frog front and rear tires. The wheels will be Scorcher re-re front and rears. Front shocks can be found on the Bay (remember the re-re SRB's is not correct). Study the manual and have a good look at your car to see any parts that does not conform or that may be damaged. Also take a good look at the chassis plates for cracks and additional holes drilled by PO. See what the required parts will cost and deduct that from your high end value to determine what you should pay for the car. Then the last factor with me is usually "How bad do I want that model". Hope this helps.
Marius

Re: first time vintage guy 11 years 6 months ago #14459

Yes, the fundamental question - to keep or to sell?
To keep = spend as much as you think you can live with, possibly buy parts over a long period of time, so you can get the best items at the best prices.
To sell = minimum outlay to get best amount/profit back. ie just the parts you absolutely need to bump the value up, eg parts to complete a saleable item that would appeal to the top-paying buyers of a chosen category (As is but clean & tidy, aimed at people who like the variation on the theme in this case, I'd say)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.