Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

the new old guy here.. i'm not a re-issue, yet! 11 years 5 months ago #15272

Hello from the wonderful world of "LA LA land" (Los Angeles,California) US B) ,

Current Project: The Dylan Project Grasshopper

My Projects in the works: The Fighting Frog, The Restoration of my Fox, Back in the Day Blackfoot Racer, The JRX-2's, Yokomo YZ-10's of fury x3

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: the new old guy here.. i'm not a re-issue, yet! 11 years 5 months ago #15276

Welcome, Shawn. That's a nice bunch of cars - looking forward to seeing them being rebuilt. :) :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: hollowman

Re: the new old guy here.. i'm not a re-issue, yet! 11 years 5 months ago #15280

Well seeing as I just ordered some parts for the Grasshopper build, it looks like there will be a build write up in a few days.. ;) The fun will start when I begin to tear it down and see what bits need the most attention.. Actually looking forward to get in there.. :evil:

Shawn

My Projects in the works: The Fighting Frog, The Restoration of my Fox, Back in the Day Blackfoot Racer, The JRX-2's, Yokomo YZ-10's of fury x3

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Re: the new old guy here.. i'm not a re-issue, yet! 11 years 5 months ago #15281

Welcome on board, Shawn :) :y:

Re: the new old guy here.. i'm not a re-issue, yet! 11 years 5 months ago #15372

Thank you sir! B)

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Re: the new old guy here.. i'm not a re-issue, yet! 11 years 5 months ago #15445

Hi Shawn,

Welcome on board !
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Re: the new old guy here.. i'm not a re-issue, yet! 11 years 5 months ago #15448

Well thanks!! Been following your build of the Blackfoot. Just love it! :y:

Shawn

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Re: the new old guy here.. i'm not a re-issue, yet! 11 years 5 months ago #15482

Hey welcome and greetings from someone also in the USA!
AND I too have been at this madness since ''THE DAYS'' of the 1980's!
I used to race at all the local tracks and was on a R/C race team for my local hobbyshop.
Then I got back into GIRLS, PARTIES, BIKES, and real world racing.
But here I am again reliving the past with R/C cars.
I've got like 65 cars and boats??
I have almost every road race type of car Tamiya ever made up to kit #100 and more?
BTW, I have some old Blackfoot parts[most of a BF chassis], one of my old FROGS, some other stuff from the 1980's if you want to buy some parts.
I even have some rare old NIP trick parts for the FROG/BRAT if you want to hop yours up.
I used to have a HOT TRICK FROG and a full race FOX.
I do have some Tamiya FOX rear C-PARTS trees NIP if you need?
I still have one of my original 1984 Team Associated RC10's!
The trickest parts in the world came out of Cali in the 1980's for R/C racing.
I'm working on one of my old Tamiya SUPER CHAMP full-race ''JG'' roll caged buggies now.
robracer

Last edit: by robracer.

Re: the new old guy here.. i'm not a re-issue, yet! 11 years 5 months ago #15484

Thank you thank you! Sounds like my story. Left the RC hobby when I got my drivers license. Girls, parties, and cars got my attention. I used to race at a local racetrack called R&R hobbies but went to a few places local as well like The Ranch Pit Stop where I actually bought my JRX-2. I raced my Blackfoot until the truggies came out and then took over. Lucky for me there were quite a few of us with Blackfoot trucks that we got a class for us to race against each other. Heck of a lot of fun. :lol:

I got into drag racing imports in the 90's and worked for a company that put on the events. Did that for 12 years and then went back to school and got a degree in architecture. :blink:

I will keep you in mind when I am getting ready to do my Frog project. ;) Have some fun plans for that one.

Shawn

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Re: the new old guy here.. i'm not a re-issue, yet! 11 years 5 months ago #15488

I do have some Tamiya FOX rear C-PARTS trees NIP if you need?
robracer

Hi Robracer,
I might be intrested in you C-Parts tree for the Fox...
You still have them?

Thanks
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Last edit: by Manotas.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.