Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A couple finds in the Garage led me here 11 years 4 months ago #16470

Hello all,

I recently ran across the two cars that got me into RCs after my parents moved and dug up some old boxes.

I am not sure if I want to do original restores on these or just get them running, but I was looking for parts sources and ended up here. Looks like a good community with a lot of knowledge, so here I am.

Anyway. Here are my finds:
My very first kit, a Striker
[img]http://www.inthecase.com/pics/Striker Start Pic.jpg[/img]

Bought used, a Hotshot II
[img]http://www.inthecase.com/pics/Hotshot II Start Pic.jpg[/img]

I look forward to digging through the forums to start figuring out what I want to do with these 2.

Edit: Just found and ordered the front uprights for the Striker so I can get it put together at least. With all new electrics I should be able to get it functional quickly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Phandalyon.

Re: A couple finds in the Garage led me here 11 years 4 months ago #16474

Hi Phandalyon,

Welcome on TB !

Nice finds...even if i'm not a big Striker fan it looks not too bad.
Honestly i'm more into the SuperShot you got there...looks like there's a bit of work on it in order to give him his youth brightness :P
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Re: A couple finds in the Garage led me here 11 years 4 months ago #16476

Welcome on board, Phandalyon :) :y:

I'm a bit of a Striker fan myself, but presumably the colour scheme meant something to you when you did it, so maybe you should stick with it, but strip the car down for a thorough clean & treat yourself to new wheelnuts & proper bearings (if you're still using the kit nylon ones) :)

Re: A couple finds in the Garage led me here 11 years 4 months ago #16478

Welcome, Phandalyon. :)
Those are some nice cars. Like the Striker but a Hotshot is always something special. B)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: A couple finds in the Garage led me here 11 years 4 months ago #16487

Thanks for the welcome guys. Parts availability has decided that the Striker goes first.

I am thinking about stripping it all down and rebuilding from the ground up with a repaint in the mix as well.

I suppose I could start a build log somewhere here!

I also currently have an RC10GT2, and RC10T4, and an RC10L3O that is converted to a non-oval racer. But my love for Tamiya was renewed when I found these cars again.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.