Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Hello from an ORV fan 11 years 4 months ago #16708

• dreadly
  • dreadly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild

Welcome dreadly,
On my Blackfoot I only use the stock 540 or a vintage modified brushed motor.
But I mounted the hop up diff. No matter now. :y:

Hop-Up Diff ??? - Now you have my attention. What is this part? :woohoo:

To be honest I think the best hop-up part is the KBF gearbox :S Seems pretty bulletproof so far, and I have the stainless one piece spur gear upgrade for the TGX.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by dreadly.

Re: Hello from an ORV fan 11 years 4 months ago #16709

When I bought my BF the diff was out and my RC dealer sent me a tamiya reinforced diff. I haven't the item number but I think that you can build one with some different parts. My BF is now running. II have no idea of the differents pieces.

Attachments:

Re: Hello from an ORV fan 11 years 4 months ago #16710

Maybe with the re release brat, you can have a reinforced diff. or with BF extreme and nexts

Re: Hello from an ORV fan 11 years 4 months ago #16711

• dreadly
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild

When I bought my BF the diff was out and my RC dealer sent me a tamiya reinforced diff. I haven't the item number but I think that you can build one with some different parts. My BF is now running. II have no idea of the differents pieces.

That looks a LOT like a re-release frog gear set... Very strong though, be interested in part nos. :)

Re: Hello from an ORV fan 11 years 4 months ago #16712

:laugh:
I bought it a lot of years ago. A long time before the re release mode :evil:

Re: Hello from an ORV fan 11 years 4 months ago #16714

Jonny, interesting idea with the ATX power supply, I've been trying to figure that one out for ages! (I just used to use AT supplies, whilst I could still get them)
BUT, what's the terminal NAME for your green wire? - I've got 4x PSUs here & none of them have any green wires. Tell you what, if you could do a sketch showing which terminal on the connector block, that would probably be even better!

Watch Dell PSUs - they've got a nasty habit of coming up with their own idea of how PSU plugs should be wired!

Re: Hello from an ORV fan 11 years 4 months ago #16724

Jonny, interesting idea with the ATX power supply, I've been trying to figure that one out for ages! (I just used to use AT supplies, whilst I could still get them)
BUT, what's the terminal NAME for your green wire? - I've got 4x PSUs here & none of them have any green wires. Tell you what, if you could do a sketch showing which terminal on the connector block, that would probably be even better!

Watch Dell PSUs - they've got a nasty habit of coming up with their own idea of how PSU plugs should be wired!

ATX spec is pin 14 "PS_ON" & it should be green :)

Attachments:

Re: Hello from an ORV fan 11 years 4 months ago #16730

• dreadly
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild

ATX spec is pin 14 "PS_ON" & it should be green :)

I will report back on my progress :)

Re: Hello from an ORV fan 11 years 4 months ago #16770

• dreadly
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Some piccys of my little collection available to view here :-

NOTE that I rarely do PERFECT.

s806.photobucke...ed%20Cars/

Re: Hello from an ORV fan 11 years 4 months ago #16771

:y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.