Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New members 82 Tamiya Hilux 11 years 1 month ago #20073

• xbrit
  • xbrit's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!

Just an update on progress, I have completed the chassis and about to order the L/H hub that was damaged. The part is:- 19804598 Tamiya Toyota 4x4 Hilux Bruiser RN36 Wheel Hub, anyone no if this the correct part?
My next move is to take a close look at the body to see how much I can salvage.
Cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by xbrit. Reason: to show pictures

New members 82 Tamiya Hilux 11 years 1 month ago #20075

I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember even the old Bruiser hubs are different to the original Hilux ones (Lack of detail & freewheel hub cam castings). What you need is either original Hilux or Blazing Blazer ones.
You're probably best off looking for axles with them on, rather than individual hubs. Ask the seller for good pics & to check the condition of: the freewheel hub cams (Always chewed), the 3x M2 tappings (Always stripped, or lugs broken off) & look for any cracking or crumbling

New members 82 Tamiya Hilux 11 years 1 month ago #20086

Just an update on progress, I have completed the chassis and about to order the L/H hub that was damaged. The part is:- 19804598 Tamiya Toyota 4x4 Hilux Bruiser RN36 Wheel Hub, anyone no if this the correct part?
My next move is to take a close look at the body to see how much I can salvage.
Cheers

Hi Xbrit,

Indeed Eddrick is right. The Bruiser hubs are not the same ones as the ones from the Hi-Lux or Blazing Blazer.
The front axle is the same, the only thing that changes between Bruiser's and Hilux are the hubs.
If you should need close up pictures in order to see the difference i could take some for you, just let me know.

Good luck with your resto and looking forward to see pictures of the progress.

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

New members 82 Tamiya Hilux 11 years 1 month ago #20102

Steering knuckles are different too aren't they?

Manotas, with your vast experience in Broozology, do you know if the crown & pinion gears in the axles are the same as the original Hilux? Just wondered if Tamiya looked into beefing them up for the extra power of the Bruiser's 750 motor?

New members 82 Tamiya Hilux 11 years 4 weeks ago #20137

• xbrit
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!

Update, I have swapped the damaged hut from the front to the rear where their will be less stresses, and done a temp repair on it until I can get a replacement. I lost a small E-ring on the now rear hub, I think 2mm??? so will try and replace that. I am also trying to revitalize the large 6V battery pack seems to be working....
Attachments:

Last edit: by xbrit.

New members 82 Tamiya Hilux 11 years 4 weeks ago #20140

front wheels are wrong way around, or do I need glasse? B)

oh me like the first of the 3speeds :y:

New members 82 Tamiya Hilux 11 years 4 weeks ago #20145

• xbrit
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
opps ...corrected

New members 82 Tamiya Hilux 11 years 3 weeks ago #20285

Steering knuckles are different too aren't they?

Manotas, with your vast experience in Broozology, do you know if the crown & pinion gears in the axles are the same as the original Hilux? Just wondered if Tamiya looked into beefing them up for the extra power of the Bruiser's 750 motor?

Sorry for responding that late...was away for easter hollidays :P

The front knuckles look more or less equal, but i need to make some measurements in order to confirm that.

Regarding the crown and pinion...that's also a point I'll have to investigate !

I'll keep you updated
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.