Keyword

TOPIC:

New to site - Hello all 10 years 11 months ago #21755

Welcome on TB Grumpy !
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: Mr-grumpy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello all 10 years 10 months ago #22160

Ok - Firstly - I have bought some Ansmann dampers for the blackfoot and they fit and look good, just yet to try them out..... :) Im just REALLY desperate for a new body shell now and dont know how to go about it. Any Ideas because i have looked and can not find one anywhere (1996 ish year model King Blackfoot)?

Secondly - I have taken the advice given and i will be looking at getting a tuned motor for the thundershot.....unfortunately after looking on a couple of websites it seems there are sooooo many different tuned motors. So, my question is - Which one do i get????? see below (all Tamiya):

CR Tuned 35T - £ 42.99
Super Stock 23T Type BZ - £ 38.99
UGT Tuned 24T - £ 36.00
FL Tuned 30T - £ 36.00
Super Stock Type T2 - £ 35.99
Super Stock Type RZ - £ 35.99
Dirt Tuned 27T - £ 29.99
Lightly Tuned 28T - £ 25.99
GT Tuned 25T - £ 24.99
RS 540 Sport Tuned 23T - £ 18.99

Help???????

Hello all 10 years 10 months ago #22162

Hi Mr-Grumpy and welcome to the site, the Blackfoot Extreme body is a direct fit for the King Blackfoot and is still pretty easy to get hold of and quite cheap too. Here is a link
www.modellbau-s...st=9335402

Getting hold of an original King Blackfoot shell would be very expensive, providing one can even be found, second hand on eBay would be most likely.

As for the choice of motor this depends on what you intend to do with the car and the terrain you plan to drive it in etc, and also the run times you would like. I would imagine you would be disappointed with the performance of anything more than a 23 Turn though as it would be quite slow but you would get a good run time out of it. Hope this helps.

Hello all 10 years 10 months ago #22163

You may also find this article on the King Blackfoot interesting\Useful.

www.blackholesu...oot_US.php

Hello all 10 years 10 months ago #22167

;) Welcome Grumpy

New to site - Hello all 10 years 10 months ago #22170

I paid 21 euro, shipping included, for my CR-Tuned at Banzai Hobby (they're a little more now though). ;)
Like j1000r1 said, choice of motor depends on what terrain you intend to drive the car.
Some have more top speed (lower turns) and some are good at ploughing dirt...

New to site - Hello all 10 years 10 months ago #22173

The motor is for the thundershot which is used on mainly dusty tracks rather than muddy areas. So with that in mind does anyone have a preference of motor from the list above. Cheers :)

New to site - Hello all 10 years 10 months ago #22174

I would choose the RS540 Sport Tuned motor as it will give you more speed and more torque but still decent run times and is the cheapest too.

New to site - Hello all 10 years 10 months ago #22192

A Sport Tuned would be a good choice but I'd go for the Superstock TZ myself. B)

New to site - Hello all 10 years 10 months ago #22268

Thanks to you all for all your great advice..... If I go for a faster motor (23t), do I need to buy a different pinion for it or do I use the one off the original 540 standard motor??

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.