Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello All from Stockport Cheshire 10 years 10 months ago #21736

Hi Everyone.

I got into Tamiya in the early 80's, my neighbour had a Tyrrell 6 Wheel F1 car and a Toyota Hilux, both amazing models. The first car I got was The Falcon so not the dizzy heights of the Hilux but not a bad start. I then had quite a few Tamiya's during my childhood, Clodbuster, Egress, Avante, Porsche 959 and Lunchbox to name a few.

I have had a few Tamiya's since growing up but mainly cheap run arounds bought off eBay like TL-01's.
Recently though I took the plunge on a virtually mint Mclaren F102 (I Think) MP4/6 it looks like it has never been used and all parts are original including a virtually mint very well painted body. This has inevitably led to more purchases and I am now the proud owner of a P34 Tyrrell chassis with all parts but no Body parts except rear wing, it is serious need of some cleaning up and I also bought a Nitro Mad Bison TGM-01 in amazingly good nick.

Which brings to a question, Does anyone know much about the Bison ? I cannot find a manual for it anywhere and most Tamiya sites treat it like it never existed. Am I right in thinking they didn't sell well and are quite rare, it seems a strange mix of different chassis and really suited to going off road at all with the tiny shock absorbers and Gearbox sticking out underneath. It is pretty much RTR just needs a glow plug, even the pull start works. Do you think I should run it or just polish it and put in on a shelf ?

Many thanks for reading my post and I will be uploading pics of the models over the next few days.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello All from Stockport Cheshire 10 years 10 months ago #21737

Hi chap, welcome on board :)

I didn't do much research (TBH I have no interest in nitro engines: unreliable, antisocial, etc), but what I did find suggested the TGM01 chassis was a TG10 mk.1 chassis with a few tweaks, if so this should be helpful.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: j1000r1

Hello All from Stockport Cheshire 10 years 10 months ago #21745

:) Welcome guy,
Your nitro bison is a TG10. The TG10 is a small TGX double deck. Gears are the same than the TGX. Many spares are similar and very fiable. Good car. I have 2 types of TGX and they are amazing for very old nitro cars. :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: j1000r1

Hello All from Stockport Cheshire 10 years 10 months ago #21748

Thanks for the Replies and for the useful info. It is good to know I can still get spare parts for this without having to spend a fortune and means that I may well get it running and have a bit of fun with it. I had never really seen one before i bought it but have to admit it is growing on me a lot. I really like the unusual details such as the rectangular exhaust etc, does anyone know if any other size engines will fit as would like to keep the FS-15 in good condition and would prefer to run an engine that has spares freely available.

Hello All from Stockport Cheshire 10 years 10 months ago #21754

Hi J1000R1,

Welcome on TB !

Hmmm does your Nickname have anything to do with Bikes? Yamaha R1 maybe?

Looking forward to see pictures of your beauties

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Hello All from Stockport Cheshire 10 years 10 months ago #21774

Hi Manotas yes I used to have a Yamaha R1 till last year, thanks for the welcome and I have put some pics on my gallery now.

Hello All from Stockport Cheshire 10 years 10 months ago #21779

Hi there and welcome! :)

Your F102 is high on my wishlist as well. Got a love for that chassis.
It's the car I remember most from those days. And the last one Senna won the title with...

Gonna have a look at those pics now. :y:

Hello All from Stockport Cheshire 10 years 10 months ago #21798

Hi Edou, it was always my favourite car too, and the Senna one is extra special. I couldn't be happier with it. I bought the car to restore but when it arrived it was clear that it had never been used and is in such good condition that all I am going to do is give it a bit of a wipe down and put it on the shelf. It looks fantastic from every angle too and I am impressed with how like a real F1 car it seems to be.

Hello All from Stockport Cheshire 10 years 10 months ago #21800

:y: top R1,
On your TG10 you can put all class 12 class15 engines. For the tamiya one, you can use the hop uped exaust+elbow. Expensive but it's really a + :evil:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.