Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Another Dutch one 10 years 7 months ago #24748

Hi All,

Came across this forum through my mate Edou, I am the owner of a Dutch language Tamiyaforum on which he's a great member.
About me, I'm 49, or 21 with 29 year experience, and i worked at one of the bigger modelshops in Holland for years, there i started collecting.
My collection these days is either nib's, 39 of the first 100 and some others of the later series, or it is selfbuild scalers and trialers, recently i discovered drifting so i just finished a VDF II.
But i get the most pleasure out of building trialtrucks or rebuilding old stuff, recently i made a drifter out of a TA03 F/S and it was a blast to do!
Hope i can be of some use here, it's always nice to talk to people who also have 'the bug'
Racently i discovered the endless recources of the TA03 chassis again, i used to race it in Tamyacup series, A Junn version, so by the end of this month i start a resto/rebuild project of a Lancia 037, which i will post also here.

A few pics of my last drifterbuilds:

Cheers Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another Dutch one 10 years 7 months ago #24750

Hi Rick, and welcome to TamiyaBase!
That is some really nice chassis you've got there! I like the blue bling :cheer:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Another Dutch one 10 years 7 months ago #24758

Welcome on board :)

Another Dutch one 10 years 7 months ago #24760

:silly: Welcome Rick,
You have here a nice drifter collection. The bodies are very pretty and your TA03F pro jun is very nice :y:

Another Dutch one 10 years 7 months ago #24762

Dude, welcome on the forum here (...finally, I may add). :cheer: :y:

In the past I have taken the liberty to show some of your handywork already. :whistle:
Scratch builds that are yet unparalleled from what I've seen...
Not to mentioned the airbrush wizardry (and speed).
Okay, enough of the activity below. The members here will know what I mean when you start posting more stuff...

:silly:

Big fan of Tamiyagekken and it's forum of course.

Last edit: by Edou.

Another Dutch one 10 years 7 months ago #24765

Hey Rick, Welcome :) I had a look at your sand rail build :woohoo: nice, I look forward to seeing more of your quality builds here ;) andy
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Another Dutch one 10 years 7 months ago #24767

You are in a place with some strong competition when it comes to building though, Rick. ;)
There's Jonny's skills and silky smooth paintjobs, eddrick's little fabricational wonders and Bram's perfect shelfers...
Only to mention a few.

But making this from scratch is not something often seen :

B)

Last edit: by Edou.

Another Dutch one 10 years 7 months ago #24770

Just curious, are these individual decals or a sticker bomb sheet?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Another Dutch one 10 years 7 months ago #24786

Welcome your drifters look great i love the BMW B)

Another Dutch one 10 years 7 months ago #24796

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys!
At first i thought maybe my builds don't fit here, i've been collecting so long, on the chase for the right parts for a car, i now let that go a bit and use my imagination more, keep my collection narrowed down to nib's.
But i can say i build every chassistype Tamiya has atleast once, so maybe i can help here and there.

As for you questions, the stickerbomb is made from pieces, left overs and 'bought as original but wasn't' i had a box full of clippings and pieces, nice way to use them i thought, they are sealed with clear coat to keep them fresh as long as possible.
And competition? I guess if there are more people who like to build different things now and then we all win, i've been judging masterscale modellers for years and i've learned one thing, if what you do makes you happy and gives you a good feeling than it's all it has to be, set your own standards, i really can get exited from what other modellers do, and i never had any urges to see it as 'competition'

Cheers Rick

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.